Have you been searching for Karnataka’s most affordable franchise? Have you recently cleared the PUC II exam and looking to start your own business? Do you ever wish to start your business that has a strong backing, low investment requirement and high profit margins?
Welcome to the FranchiseGoal India! You have landed at the best available article on the Google. In this comprehensive post, we’ll delve into one of government-backed franchise business in Karnataka, which requires a minimum investment of ₹1-2 lakhs and holds the potential to yield a net earning of at least ₹50,000 or more per month.
You read it correctly. In today’s ever-growing market of franchise businesses, where owning a franchise often demands an investment of at least ₹5 lakhs without any assurance of returns or government backing, it can be a risky venture.
But, that’s not the case with Gram One Center.
In this informative piece, we’ll discover all the aspects of Gram One Franchise, along with its cost, profit, requirements, eligibility criteria, and much more about it. If you have any query, feel free to bombard the comment section.
Let’s dive further and unleash the power of Government-backed unit.
- Company: Gram One
- Founded: FY 20-21
- Industry: Government-Backed initiative
- No. of Locations: 3000+
- Model: Franchise
- Area served: Karnataka
- Deposit Fee: ₹5000
- Area Required: Min. 100 sq ft
- Total Initial Investment: ₹1 Lakh to 2 Lakh
Table of Contents
Overview of Gram One Franchise
Gram One, a technology-driven program of the Government of Karnataka, was announced by Basavaraj Bommai, the former Hon’ble Chief Minister of Karnataka, in the budget for FY20-21.
It is designed to serve as a single-point assistance center for all citizen-centric activities at the village level, encompassing the delivery of G2C services, banking services, RTI queries, and more.
Started with a mission to reduce the middleman involvement and corruption, The government laid out the plan to provide about 100+ services in 12 districts and in 3,024 gram panchayats under the Gram one center programme.
These centers are operational from 8AM-8PM on all seven days of the week. According to the Government official, these centers had run on trail basis in four districts. However, considering its success the chain widen its arm and expanded its presence to over 12+ district in Karantaka.
Currently, the franchise boasts over 3000+ centers across the 12 districts, and certainly planned to cover the complete locations in near future.
Does the little snippet on Grama One excite you to become a part of their ever-growing journey? Hold on, we have a lot more to cover on it.
You May Like:
How to Apply for Bisleri Distributorship? – Eligibility, Cost, & Profit – Bisleri Distributorship
Key Facts on Grama One
|Citizen-centric assistance center
|2022, FY 20-21
|Founders Or Parent Company
|Hon’ble Chief Minister of Karnataka
|Number of locations
|Entire region in Karnataka
|G2C services, banking services, RTI queries
What are the benefits of owning a Gram One Franchise?
There are several advantages associated with Grama One center, and as a franchisee, you can provide multiple benefits to the consumers;
- Range of services under a single roof:
- Grama one centers offers a wide range of Government-to-customer services, banking and RTI services, which may help new franchisee to draw customers across the group, who had to earlier visit the district, taluk and hobli offices to get government services.
- No Involvement of Middlemen:
- The franchise is totally backed by Government, which directly means no involvement of Middlemen that often causes delays and corruption in the process.
- Trust factors:
- Being a government-backed body, customers will have complete trust on the system and processes, resulting in consistent customer footfall and outlet’s growth.
- Expansion Opportunities:
- With a successful track record in multiple districts, Grama One has shown growth potential. Owning a franchise may open up expansion opportunities to serve customers in various regions.
- Affordable setup cost:
- Unlike food franchises, Grama one centers can be started with a minimum investment of ₹1 lakhs to ₹ 2 lakhs from a floor space of at least 100 sq feet.
- No prior experience required:
- Aspiring candidates with a minimum qualification of PUC II can setup this franchise in their city and embark on their entrepreneurial journey, making it a highly accessible and affordable business model.
You May Like:
How To Get TVS Dealership – Apply, Eligibility, Cost, & Profit – TVS Dealership
How to Get Nayara Petrol Pump Franchise? Cost, Fee, & Profit – Nayara Petrol Pump
How much does a Gram One Franchise Cost?
Setting up a Gram One center is relatively affordable. To get started, one can begin with a minimum required space of just 100 square feet, ideally located in a high visibility area near a university, main market, or close to government offices.
Nevertheless, To become an approved Gram one franchise owner, one should be capable of investing at least ₹1 lakhs to ₹2 lakhs for a floor space of 100 square feet, which also includes a security deposit of ₹5100.
The initial investment covers the cost and one-time expenses like security deposit, store renovation, branding, IT infrastructure, and other miscellaneous fees.
|Type of Cost
|Cost & Other Details
|Interior Decor & Furniture
|₹40,000 to ₹50,000
|Store Build up
|Total Initial Investment
|₹1 Lakh to ₹2 Lakh
You May Like:
How to Get MRF Tyre Dealership? – Cost & Profit – MRF Dealership
How to Get Kia Dealership? – Apply, Eligibility, Cost, & Profit – Kia Dealership
Should you buy Amazon Easy Store Franchise? Cost & Profit – Amazon Easy Store
How much is the Gram one franchise profit margin?
The profit margin of a Gram one or Karnataka one franchise may vary depending on several factors, including the location, list of services offered on any given day, cost of each services, and more.
On an average, the customers will be paying a charges to avail any required services, which could range between ₹10 and ₹100. It is also worth mentioning that most of the services charges lies between ₹20 and ₹30.
Considering its government-backing initiative, growing customer demand, range of credible services, and affordable setup cost can certainly assure its franchise owner to gain a healthy profit margin on a monthly basis.
Example: If the Gram One center owner provides services to 50 consumers/day and charges a fee of ₹20 each, the total daily revenue would be ₹1000. With consistent operations throughout the month, the gross profit margin could reach at least ₹30,000 per month.
You May Like:
Is Tanishq Franchise Really For You? – Cost & Profit – Tanishq Franchise
Kalyan Jewellers Franchise – Cost & Profit: The Future Of Jewelry – Kalyan Jewellery
Can you Own a Malabar Gold Franchise? – Revenue, Cost, & Profit – Malabar Gold and Diamonds
What are the services offered by the Gram One Franchisee?
Initially, the chain ventured with an offering of 20-25 services at the centers. However, following the initial success, they expanded the platform to include several customer-centric services,
- Seva Sindhu services – At Present 750 services of Seva Sindhu can be availed via Grama One centers
- Sakala services
- RTI services
- CM Relief Fund
- Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Service
- State Scholarship portal (Pre and Post-Metric)
- Age Certificate
- Payment receipt generation for Ayushman Bharat – Arogya Karnataka ID Cards
- Micro Banking services – Banking services like small time deposits, withdrawals, balance enquiry, Aadhar update etc will be available through Grama One centers
To get the complete services list, you can click on the highlighted link.
What is the Eligibility Criteria for Gram One Franchise?
Though the chain can be operated without any prior experience in the field, only candidates who meet the below-mentioned criteria should be considered:
- Interested candidates shall be PUC II / Diploma/ ITI/ Graduate/ Post Graduate in any discipline with computer knowledge.
- Aspiring entrepreneurs looking to get a Gram one center shall be ready to invest up to Rs 1 to 2 lakhs.
- The centers operators are advised to enclose PVC certificate.
- The candidates are expected to acquire a minimum space of 100 sq feet, which should have proper internet, road, power, and other utilities.
Requirements to become a Grama one Franchise
The government has cleared mentioned the IT and Non-IT infrastructure requirements for a Karnataka one franchise, and the list are mentioned below;
- Aspiring entrepreneurs should at least meet the IT Infrastructure to run and operate the store hassle-freely;
- Desktop /Laptop ( above i3 Configuration )
- Multi-Function Printer(Print/Scan)
- Bio Metric scanner (Secugen Hamster Pro 20 )
- Web Camera
- Wi-Fi Receiver
- Should have internet connectivity from two different Internet Service Provider(ISP’s) to avoid any connectivity issues.
- Non-IT Infrastructure requirement for setting up of center
- should have an exclusive partition with an exclusive entry.
- At least have a neat and clean space of 100 sq feet and 4 chairs for customers to sit
- Must follow the branding standards of GramaOne Project (Name board/ Price Chart / Building Colour /Monogram of GramaOne)
- The room should have tile/granite flooring, RCC roof and brick cement / stone cement walls without any water leakages from any side.
- The room should have good ventilation and light with good space outside for parking, display boards, etc.
- Furniture’s shall be as per the specifications of GramaOne (Counter Table/ Operator chair/ Printer Table/ customer waiting chair)
- Franchisee Preferably be equipped with CCTV Surveillance and LCD TV.
Document required for Gram One Franchise
- Educational certificate of your highest qualification.(Min PUC II required)
- Personal Identification documents
- Aadhaar Card
- Pan Card
- Voter ID Card
- Rent Agreement (if rented)
- GST License
- Bank Account Details
- Cancelled Cheque (if demanded)
- Refundable security deposit of ₹5000
- Electricity Connection certificate
What are the benefits you can offer to the customers as a franchisee?
- The range of services offered at stores will eventually draws customer, who had to earlier wait in long queues at Government offices to avail services.
- Customer will now be able to save their time and money on traveling to Government offices.
- You can certainly contribute your part in reducing middlemen involvement and corruption.
- Customers can choose their feasible timings as the stores will be operational from 8AM to 8PM.
How to Get Gram One Franchise?
Becoming a Gram One Center owner requires a relatively low capital that may offers an impressive gross profit margin. Additionally, the Gram one may provide several benefits, and interested candidates can take up franchise outlets in their city through their expertise and endless support systems.
One can avail this franchise using below mentioned steps;
To get an hold of Gram One center, one has to follow the necessary steps mentioned below;
- Visit the Karnataka One Official website and navigate to the Grama one page.
- You need to provide the valid Email ID and Phone number for verificiation;
- Post that, you need to fill in the personal details like Name, Address, City, State and other necessary stuffs.
- You need to provide the valid Email ID and Phone number for verificiation;
|Gram One Franchise Form
|Fill in the form
|8431906919, 9019026687, 9019026697
Final Takeaway – Conclusion
Undoubtedly, Gram one is one of the karnataka’s government-backed technology-driven programme that may presents a unique and promising opportunity to aspiring entrepreneurs looking to provide a G2C, Banking, and other citizen-centric activities at the village level.
Currently, the chain boasts over 3000+ locations in across the cities in Karnataka, and certainly planned to expand to other cities as well in near future.
While owning a Gram One center requires meeting specific criteria, it offers numerous advantages, including government support, reduced middleman involvement, and a wide range of services to cater to local communities.
Nevertheless, to own a Gram one franchise, one would at least require an initial investment of ₹1 lakhs to ₹2 lakhs for a floor space of 100 sq feet, which can potentially provide an income of at least ₹30,000 per month.
The Bottom Line – Overall, Gram One can be considered a lucrative opportunity for entrepreneurs looking to venture into business with a minimal investment and low risk-bearing potential.
A minimum investment, low risk factor, high profit potential, and government-backed body, What else you need from a Great Franchise business?
What are you waiting for? Go and start your entrepreneurial journey with Gram One!!
Good Luck!! Happy Franchising!!
Want To Explore More? Then Check Out Below Franchising Opportunities.
How much does it cost to Start a Gram One Franchise?
Ans: To become an approved Gram One Center owner, one may be required to have an initial investment of ₹1 lakhs to ₹2 lakhs and floor space of 100 square feet.
Is Grama One Franchise Profitable?
Ans: The profit margin of Gram one center may vary depending on several factors, including location playing the major role. Moreover, considering a government-backed initiative, low startup cost, wide range of citizen-centric services at village level may help you earn an approximate income of ₹30,000 per month.
How many Grama one centers are there at present?
Ans: There are over 3000+ centers available in 12+ district in Karnataka.