Are you looking for a renowned Jewelry Franchise opportunity? Does Jewelry industry & its growth prospects in Indian excite you? Are you a “Seth” looking to grab an opportunity out of it? Did your extensive research on Jewelry franchise has brought you to this article?
Here, we have some GOOD News for you. We will be covering an article on another leading Jewelry chain – Kalyan Jewellers Franchise that has already made a significant presence among its local customers across India, and has also planned for going abroad to other Middle East countries.
Recently, In 2022, T S Kalyanaraman, MD at Kalyan Jewellers, has been recognised with the ‘Anmol Ratna’ Award at the National Jewellery Awards by All India Gems & Jewellery Council, for his excellent approach towards business and entrepreneurship spirits.
In the article, we’ll also discuss in depth about Kalyan Jewellers chain along with its capital requirements, fee, and profit margin – and answer some of the frequently asked questions about this chain.
- Company: Kalyan Jewellers
- Founded: 1993, T S Kalyanaraman
- Industry: Jewellery
- Area served: PAN India & Middle east
- No. of Outlets: Over 160
- Model: Franchise
- Space Required: 2000 -5000 sq feet
- Total Initial Investment: ₹20 Crores to ₹30 Crores
Table of Contents
Overview of Kalyan Jewellers Franchise
Started in 1993 in Thrissur(Kerala) under a visionary founder, T S Kalyanaraman, Kalyan Jewellers is one of India’s leading, well-established Jewellery chains renowned for offering an authentic, a wide range of designs and unmatched experience in Indian Jewellery shopping.
Currently, the chain is one of India’s popular jewelry houses, with a nationwide presence of more than 150 locations in cities such as Delhi, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Mumbai, and a few outlets in the Middle eastern country.
Fact: 2 – T S Kalyanaraman started its first outlet with an initial investment of ₹75 lacs at that time.
Its clear and bold mission to provide quality selections, value for money, understanding the consumer needs has allowed the chain to position itself apart from its consumers, ultimately helping the Kalyan Jewellers chain to build a strong customer base and high brand reputation in Indian market. Additionally, In 2022, The chain has planned to enter into franchising model(As a pilot model) for its store expansion across the globe.
Does the above snippet on Kalyan Jewellery excite you? Get ready to dive further for more interesting info on Kalyan Jewellers.
We assure you that, after reading this complete article, you would be in a position to choose the BEST AVAILABLE JEWELLERY FRANCHISE, and certainly help you take an informed decision on the Kalyan Jewellers chain.
You may like:
Kalyan Jewellers – The Journey
Their humble beginning started with entering the realms of jewelry retailing with a single standalone store in Thrissur. Since then, Kalyan jewelers has grown into a store size of over 160 outlets across several cities in India & abroad.
Its growing demand & great product quality, affordable pricing, and transparency have helped the chain to grow consistently to reach an impressive number of ₹ 1,08,179 Million in FY22.
Key facts about Kalyan Jewellers
|1||Trade Name||Kalyan Jewellers|
|4||Founders Or Parent Company||T S Kalyanaraman|
|5||Corporate Headquarters||Thrissur, Kerala|
|6||Number of locations||Over 150+|
|7||Area served||PAN India & A few in abroad|
|8||Model||Franchise & Self owned|
|9||Product offering||Varieties of Jewellery|
|10||Revenue||₹ 1,08,179 Million in FY22|
You may also like:
Can you Start an H&M Franchise? – Cost & Profit – H&M Fashion Store
How to Start a Van Heusen Franchise – Cost, Fee, & Profit – Van Heusen Franchise
How Much Does Kalyan Jewellers Franchise Cost?
The franchise cost or Total Initial setup cost for Kalyan Jewellers will depend on your location, size, and the extent of renovations required.
Nonetheless, To become a Kalyan Jewellers Franchise partner, one would at least require an initial investment of ₹20 Crores to ₹30 Crores(Majority of investment goes into Inventory or Stocking) with a min floor area of 2000 – 5000 sq. ft.
FYI, the above-mentioned initial investment for Kalyan Jewellers business does cover the expenses or fees such as Franchise fees, Marketing Fees, Equipment, and other necessary fees.
Kalyan Jewellers Franchise Fee
The franchise fee for Kalyan Jewellers will be approximately Rs. 30 lacs to Rs. 50 lacs. Furthermore, to qualify financially, franchise candidates and their partners/investors should have at least a minimum net worth of ₹ 100 Cr with available liquidity of ₹ 50 Cr.
Additional Cost for Kalyan Jewellers
|Type of Fee||Cost and Other Details|
|Franchise Fee||Approx. ₹30 lacs to ₹50 lacs|
|Floor Area||Min. 2000 – 5000 sq. ft.|
|Store Ambiance & Interiors||₹30 lacs – ₹40lacs|
|IT Support & Online Platforms||₹ 2 lacs|
|Initial Inventory||₹20Cr – ₹30Cr|
|Agreement Period||10 Years, Renewable|
|Total Initial Investment||₹ 20 Crores – ₹ 30 Crores|
You may also like:
Is Kalyan Jewellers Franchise Profitable?
Like Zudio, Kalyan Jewellers may also follow the FOCO(Franchise owned & company-operated) model. In this model, the franchisor will handle the entire chain operations such as employee salary, Inventory management, transportation, discount, and many others, while the franchisee will be taking care of Rent and Electricity costs.
Usually, the FOCO model adapts a revenue-sharing concept, where the franchisor agrees to share a certain percentage with the franchisee owner.
Nevertheless, considering the premium product range, competitive pricing, enormous investment, established presence across the globe, loyal customer base, and immense franchise support, interested applicants may anticipate a revenue sharing between 15-20%.
Additionally, The revenue share percentage may vary depending on the city, investment capability, and location.
Per store metrics for Kalyan Jewellers
|Size (sq. ft.)||2000-5000 sq. ft.|
|Investment (INR/sq ft.)||₹ 10000/ sq. ft.|
|Size (in sq. ft. for calculation)||2000 sq. ft.|
|Rent/month/sqft (INR)||Rs. 80 per month per sqft|
|Total Investment (per/store)||₹20 Crore/ per store|
You may also like:
Start a Kotak Securities Franchise and Earn in lacs – Cost & Profit – Kotak Securities
Benefits of Owning a Kalyan Jewellers Franchise
There could be multiple benefits of being a Kalyan Jewellers outlet partner. However, to ease research we have highlighted a few prominent reason to own this chain.
At FranchiseGoal, we strongly recommend interested applicants to speat to at least 5-6 Kalyan Jewellers chain partner to get more insight into the organization.
- Established Brand Name:
- Kalyan Jewellers is one of the most popular brands in the segment with the highest recall, so being a member of a renowned franchise group may be highly beneficial to new franchisees.
- The chain is known for opting best brand practices and transparency in the business.
- Robust presence in Domestic and International market:
- As a franchisee, you might enjoy a great market and consumer base all across the globe. At present, the chain has more than 150 locations – PAN India, and a few stores in Middle east.
- Bulk purchasing power & resourcing strength:
- Being a big brand, Kalyan Jewellers has the capability of buying raw materials at an affordable price, and its nationwide present manufacturing chain may aid proper supply chain systems.
- Strong leadership value:
- Their leaders & promoters are deeply rooted with brand’s mission and vision, and under the leadership of an experienced and professional management team may help new franchisee to operate it hassle-freely for long.
- Extensive training support:
- Kalyan Jewellers offers comprehensive training and support to its franchisees, including assistance in site selection, Interior decor, and other necessary stuff.
- Best-in-class marketing and advertising
- Kalyan Jewellers Provides strong marketing and advertising support, helping them to drive customer traffic to their outlets.
See also: Start a PUMA Franchise in India – Cost, Fee, & Profit – PUMA
What does it require to Own a Kalyan Jewellers Franchise in India?
Below are the Kalyan Jewellers franchise requirements in India;
- First and most important – One should have the required funding to get a Kalyan Jewellers, that is one should be ready to invest anywhere between ₹20 Crores to ₹30 Crores with a floor area of min 2000 sq feet to 5000 sq ft.
- Interested applicants are advised to dedicate themselves to the Kalyan Jewellers business and follow the company standards and maintain their legacy.
- Interested applicants must undergo and complete the necessary training program offered by the Kalyan Jeweler’s team.
- Interested franchisees should have a passion to work in the Jewelry industry and should possess the leadership and financial skills to operate a Kalyan Jewellers outlet.
- Applicants are advised to secure a suitable location that meets Kalyan Jeweler’s requirements, such as high visibility and easy accessibility.
You may also like:
What is the Support offered by Kalyan Jewellers Franchise?
- Site Search and Analysis
- Standard Layout support from the company
- Centralized billing systems
- SMS and WhatsApp Marketing Support
- Regular design Innovations
- Quality checks and supply chain Support
- Staff Training Support
- Marketing & Sales grow up strategies and guidelines
- All Hands Meetings to improvise the business
- Location-specific promotions during the opening and planning of the launch
Documents required to own a Kalyan Jewellers Chain
- Personal Documents – Aadhar and Pan Card
- Passport Size photographs
- Outlet rental agreement- if rented
- Bank Passbook
- PD cheques – If necessary
- GST License, ITR doc, and other necessary stuff
- Trading license
- Brand agreement
How to Get a Kalyan Jewellers Franchise?
Undoubtedly, Becoming a Kalyan outlet owner requires a humongous investment & serious dedication that may offer an impressive gross profit margin.
Additionally, the Kalyan Jewellers chain may provide several benefits, and interested candidates can take up franchise outlets in their city through their expertise and endless support systems.
One can avail this franchise using below mentioned steps;
- As per its official website, Interested applicants are advised to e-mail their proposal at – email@example.com.
Started in 1993 in pursuit of offering 100% authentic varieties of Jewellery by T S Kalyanaraman, Kalyan Jewellers is one of India’s leading, well-established and rapidly growing jewelry chains – offering a wide range of jewelry such as Chain, Rings, Necklace, Earrings, Gemstone, White Gold, and much more.
The franchise boasts over 150 plus franchise networks across India & Abroad and more outlets planned to release in the domestic and international markets next year will create tremendous opportunities for interested candidates to grab THIS deal in this ever-growing market.
However, considering the exponential rise in the Jewelry industry, 100% authentic products, a wide range of product portfolio, an established brand name, extensive training, and market support aids an extra advantage for the new franchisee unit holder.
With an Initial investment of Rs. 20 Crores – Rs. 30 Crores, Kalyan Jewellery chain may offer an outstanding profit margin to its stakeholders and one may anticipate an exceptional revenue sharing of 12-20%. Nevertheless, By making some changes in your expenses, one can certainly increase the profit margin extensively.
The Bottom line – In case you are interested in the Jewelry industry and want to take advantage of the opportunity with a humongous investment, then you can start a Kalyan Jewellers outlet in India. With its immense legacy, expertise, and robust supply chain, one may experience stable and steady growth in their entrepreneurial journey.
So, what are you waiting for? Go and start your entrepreneurial journey with Kalyan Jewellers!!
Good Luck!! Happy Franchising!!
Want To Explore More? Then Check Out Below Franchising Opportunities.
How much does Kalyan Jewellers Franchise Cost in India?
Ans: The total investment for Kalyan Jewellers outlet cost may vary between Rs. 20 Crores to Rs. 30 Crores with a minimum floor area of 2000 – 5000 sq feet.
How much does a Kalyan Jewellers Franchise owner make?
Ans: Considering the jewelry industry demand, growth prospects, extensive marketing strategy, and immense franchise support, the chain may share revenue of 12-15% with the franchisee. However, the Kalyan Jewellers franchise profit margin may depend on several factors such as City, outlet’s geographical location, and average customer footfall.
Which contributes the highest revenue for the Kalyan Jewellers chain?
Ans: Around 15% from Middle East country & 34% from Non-southern Indian market.