How to Get DTDC Franchise – Cost, Fee, & Profit
Are you looking for a Delivery or Courier franchise? Are you already owning or working as a delivery partner? Then, this blog is for YOU! What if we told you that you were missing out on the opportunity to expand your business in this industry for not exploring this franchise?
Everyone wants to own a recession-proof business that demands a minimum investment and offers a hefty profit margin. However, considering the demand and growth pattern among us – A delivery franchise can be a viable option. Yes, We are talking about DTDC Franchise – Desk to Desk Courier and Cargo Franchise.
Maybe you have searched and queried about numerous delivery franchises but couldn’t make an informed decision. That could be due to the lack of information available over the internet. Cost, Cost, and Cost are what they are talking about.
The truth is, you’re NOT completely sure if this segment is for you, or you have some VITAL questions like:
- Overview of DTDC
- Why Choose DTDC over other franchises?
- How Much does it Cost to franchise a DTDC?
- Is DTDC Business Profitable?
- What the requirements to start a DTDC?
- What are the Documents required for DTDC?
- And Finally – How To Get A DTDC In India?
In this article, we’ll dive deep into the DTDC business with capital requirements, fee, profit, and step-by-step guidelines to get this franchise – and answer some common questions about the chain.
- Brand: DTDC Express limited
- Founded: 1990, Bangalore(HQ)
- Franchise Fee: NA
- Area Required: Min. 100 sq. ft.
- Royalty Fee: 10% of Turnover
- Return on Investment: >20%
- Required Working Capital: Rs. 20,000 – Rs. 1 lacs
- Total Initial Investment: Rs. 50,000 – Rs. 1.5 lacs
Table of Contents
Overview of DTDC Franchise
DTDC or Desk Desk Courier and Cargo Franchise are one of India’s oldest and most rapidly growing Courier and Cargo networks that cater to delivery services across multiple cities. It was established in 1990 by Mr. Subhasish Chakraborty, who analyzed the gap in the delivery industry and structured the chain to address the requirements of a robust pan-India presence and the highest service levels for clients.
DTDC has always been a front-runner in the industry, thanks to its low-cost franchise systems, International presence, and access to technology, equipment, and knowledge.
Currently, DTDC boasts over 12000 successful franchisees (channel partners) across the country, widely studied as case studies at various business schools the world over. DTDC also has a International presence via subsidiaries, joint ventures, representative offices and franchisees as well.
But, How do they manage all of these?
To get the answer, let’s dive in further; Well, the answer lies in below data;
- DTDC boasts of 570+ operating facilities.
- 1550+ GPS connected trucks
- 12+ automated hubs with dynamic sorting and >1 Mn. Sq. ft
- Deliveries to 11400+ pin codes in India
- 220 locations worldwide
Please continue reading if you are passionate about the Courier and Delivery franchises & this little snippet about the DTDC excites you.
We will offer comprehensive and well-researched information regarding the DTDC chain, along with its price, fees, profit margin, and—most importantly—the reason “Why“ you need it.
You may like:
[*Secret Tips*]How to Get XpressBees Franchise – Cost, Fee, & Profit – XpressBees
DTDC – The Journey
The journey started with their humble beginning by recognizing a gap in the market and revitalizing the pain points by offering a affordable and reliable services, to being one of the pioneer that caters services to over 11400 pin codes in India and generating a revenue of ₹1,231 crore (US$166.13 million) (FY21) is amazing.
Key facts about DTDC
|1||Trade Name||DTDC Express Limited|
|4||Founders Or Parent Company||Mr. Subhasish Chakraborty|
|5||Corporate Headquarters||Bangalore, Karnataka, India|
|6||Number of locations||Offers delivery services to over 11400+|
pin codes in India
|8||Model||Model, Enterprise, and Delivery|
|9||Service offering||Delivery, express mail, |
|10||Revenue||₹1,231 crore (FY21)|
Why to Choose DTDC Franchise?
Are you still searching for a reason to become a DTDC partner? If you’ve reached this article and are yet unsatisfied with the opportunity described above, then you’re DAMN serious.
No worries, keep Calm and Read further.
- Advantage of Front-runner:
- DTDC has been in this industry for over three decade that has helped them to understand the market potential and customer demands.
- Low cost franchise setup:
- It demands a minimum fee and less floor area as compared to big food and beverages franchise.
- Leverage their customer base:
- An interested franchise partner should be able to take advantage of their largest customer base, which gives the sense of working with a leading and renowned chain.
- Access to technology:
- As a franchisee, one may have access to their leading and cutting edge technology systems that will help them to caters faster and reliable delivery.
- Extensive training and development:
- DTDC offers an extensive training program to its each franchise owner that allows them to understand the business model and functionality.
- Organizes training on various operational subjects.
- Periodic product training and knowledge sharing.
- Access to the latest information through the franchisee portal.
- Franchisee Advisory Board
- This board ensures the success of each franchise owner in their respective areas.
- Helps in mentoring, Branding and Hygiene, Communication, Market research, Innovation of new ideas, Sales Growth and Service Excellence.
You may like:
Start a Delhivery Franchise & Earn in lacs per month – Cost, Fee, & Profit – Delhivery
Your Wait is Over for RoadEx Franchise – Apply, Cost, & Profit – RoadEx
How much does a DTDC franchise cost?
The franchise fee or Total Initial setup cost for DTDC will depend on the proposed model chosen. One can either apply for a Model, Enterprise, and Delivery through their platform.
Nonetheless, To become a DTDC franchise partner, one would at least require an initial investment of Rs. 50,000 to Rs. 1.5 lacs with a floor area between 350 sq. ft to 1200 sq. ft.
- Usually, These franchisees operate only in a particular pin-code and are responsible for the development of the business and serving the customers.
- Can do both bookings and deliveries within their territory.
- Carries out business/pick-ups for enterprise or corporate clients.
- Focuses completely on receiving FDM from the brand and delivering consignments to customers.
- Will not be involved in carrying out bookings.
|Sr. No.||Category||Total Investment||No of Employees|
|1||Category A (Model Franchise)||Rs 1,50,000||4|
|2||Category B (Enterprise Franchise)||Rs 1,00,000||3|
|3||Category C (Delivery Franchise)||Rs 50,000||2|
You may like:
Start a Van Heusen Franchise – Cost, Fee, & Profit – Van Heusen
How to Start A FirstCry Franchise – Cost, Fee, & Profit – FirstCry
What are the DTDC Franchise Investment?
Becoming a DTDC partner requires a minimum investment of Rs. 50000 to Rs. 1.5 lacs in order to take up ownership of this franchise and start their entrepreneurship journey.
One will need certain electronic equipment such as printers, receipts, orders, or tracking labels, a computer with internet, a bar code reader, a motorcycle, packaging material – Label, adhesive, stapler pins, and a few more stuff.
Is DTDC franchise profitable?
Considering the DTDC founder’s expertise in courier space of over 33 years, a wider coverage area, low-cost franchise setup, training and development support, and franchise advisory board to ensure every franchisee success, one may anticipate a ROI of over 20% or anywhere between Rs. 30000 to over 70000 per month.
|Sr. No.||Model Franchisee||Enterprise Franchisee||Delivery Franchisee|
|Area required||Over 1000 sq. ft.||500-1000 sq. ft.||Min.100 – 200 sq. ft.|
|Royalty Fees||10% of turnover||10% of turnover||10% of turnover|
|Marketing cost (Percentage of sales)||Company does (5%)||Company does (5%)||Company does (5%)|
|Required Working capital(Per month)||Rs.1,00,000||Rs.50,000||Rs.20,000|
|Return on Investment||> 20%||> 20%||> 20%|
|No. of employees required to run a franchise unit||4||3||2|
|Expected break-even time||> 20%||> 20%||> 20%|
|Average business from a Franchise unit||Rs.1,50,000 p.m.||Rs.75,000 p.m.||Rs.50,000 p.m.|
*The average business from a franchise outlet may vary depending on the unit’s geographical location and average customer footfall.
You may like:
Start a Little Millennium Franchise- (Cost + Fee + Profit) – Little Millennium
Footprints Preschool Day Care Franchise – (Cost + Fee + ROI) – Footprints
What does it require to Own a DTDC Franchise?
DTDC franchise requirements are as follows;
- First and most important – One should have the required funding to own a DTDC outlet, that is one should be ready to invest anywhere between Rs. 50000 to 1.5 lacs.
- Interested applicant should have passion to work in the Courier industry – and should possess the necessary leadership and financial skills.
- Interested applicants are advised to dedicate themselves to the DTDC business and follow the company standards and maintain their legacy.
- Interested applicants must undergo and complete the necessary training program offered by the franchise.
- Prospects are advised to do the proper marketing and site research, which will help them to understand the market potential and would certainly boost your morale.
Documents required to Start a DTDC
- Personal Documents – Aadhar and Pan Card
- Bank Passbook
- PD cheques – If necessary
- GST License and other necessary stuff
- Brand agreement
How does the DTDC Franchise work?
DTDC offers a very affordable or low-cost franchise setup for all its interested partners, which they can avail it after paying it nominal fee. After this, the DTDC franchise holders will be eligible to operate and offer delivery services for their customers in the respective area.
Each franchise has the right to choose its model, based on which DTDC assigns or gives necessary rights to operate in the given territory.
How to Get DTDC franchise?
To become a DTDC franchise requires a minimal investment that offers an impressive gross profit margin. Nevertheless, DTDC chain may provide several benefits, and interested candidates can take up franchise outlets in their city through their expertise and endless support systems.
To get the DTDC partner, one can go ahead with the following steps;
- Visit their Contact Us page – and fill in the details such as Name, Email Id, Phone Number, State, City, Pin Code, and select the franchisee model that you are looking for and submit the form.
DTDC House, No. 3, Victoria Road, Bangalore 560047,
Karnataka, Ph: 080-25365032,25365039,
Once you submit the form, somebody from the franchise team will contact you within a week to discuss it further. Please note that, sometimes it may take little longer, as the DTDC is already getting lot of franchise request.
Steps involved to Become a DTDC partner:
- Applicant’s screening –
- Does verification of the prospects and its application forms.
- Discussion round:
- Provides basic information about the franchise.
- Understanding of general Terms and Conditions
- Premises Inspection:
- Team inspects the proposed location and premises.
- Signing of form
- Document submission:
- Applicants submits the required documents to get this franchise.
- P.s check out the above documents required section.
- Document verification and approval
- Receives activation code from E-mail.
- Applicants submits the required documents to get this franchise.
- Interested prospects undergoes necessary on-the-job training.
- Certification approval from the concerned department.
- Welcome kit:
- Receives welcome kit and reports to the HOD
- Franchise Inauguration:
- Franchise can now happily inaugurate its store.
- Starts receiving orders.
Started in 1990 by Mr. Subhasish Chakraborty, DTDC is one of the pioneer, established, and rapidly growing delivery giants that offer delivery or courier services at more than 11400 pin codes in India. DTDC boasts over 12000 successful franchisees PAN India, which is responsible for offering reliable delivery services at affordable pricing.
However, considering the chain’s expertise of over 33 yrs, affordable pricing, access to cutting-edge technology, largest franchisee network, reliable service, and low-cost franchisee setup aids an extra advantage for the new franchisee unit holder.
With an Initial investment of Rs. 50,000 – Rs. 1.5 lacs, DTDC chain may offer an outstanding profit margin to its stakeholders and one may anticipate a ROI of over 20%.
The Bottom line – In case you are interested in the Delivery industry and want to take advantage of the opportunity with a minimum investment, then you can start a DTDC franchise in India. With its immense legacy, expertise, and robust supply chain, one may experience stable and steady growth in their entrepreneurial journey.
So, what are you waiting for? Go and start your entrepreneurial journey with DTDC!!
Good Luck!! Happy Franchising!!
You may like:
Start a Chai Garam Cafe franchise – Cost, Fee, & Profit – Chai Garam
Start a Chai Sutta Bar franchise – Capital required, Profit, and ROI – CSB
Start an MBA CHAI WALA Franchise – Cost, Profit Margin – MBA CHAI WALA
Want to explore more? Then check out below franchising opportunities.
Tea & Café Franchise, Ice Cream Franchise, Food & Beverages, and Apparel Franchise
How much does DTDC Franchise Cost in India?
Ans: To start a DTDC, one would at least require an investment of Rs. 50,000 to Rs. 1.5 lacs.
How much does the DTDC franchise owner earn?
Ans: Based on the data provided and its low-cost setup with access to its broad network group, one can anticipate an earning of over 20% of ROI or Rs. 30000 p.m. to over 70,000 p.m.