Have you been searching for partnering with a leading and rapidly growing Delivery chain? Are you still working in a low-margin self-owned courier setup? Now, you have a great opportunity of joining hands with popular e-commerce delivery chain – Shadowfax.
Certainly, this article is going to be a quite a Wikipedia on Shadowfax, and we believe that after reading this article you would be in a position to choose the BEST AVAILABLE DELIVERY franchise and start your entrepreneurial journey in this industry.
We will cover an in-depth article on starting a Shadowfax franchise in your city with its capital required, cost, profit, and step-by-step guidelines to get this franchise – and answer some common questions about the chain.
- Brand: Shadowfax
- Founded: 2015
- HQ: Bengaluru, Karnataka
- Space Required: Min. 300 sq. ft.
- IT Systems -Laptop or desktop: Rs. 30,000
- Other Stationary & Office items: Rs. 5,000
- Total Initial Investment: Rs. 1 lacs – 5 lacs
Table of Contents
Overview of Shadowfax Franchise
Incepted in 2015 by Abhishek Bansal, Vaibhav Khandelwal, and team, Shadowfax is one of India’s most trusted and popular logistics and delivery chains, offering a wide range of logistics and delivery services to businesses of all sizes, including small startups, e-commerce companies, and large enterprises.
Since its establishment, the chain has grown extensively in Indian market by providing key services, including last-mile delivery, reverse logistics, and fulfillment services. The chain claims to have over 30 lacs Verified Riders, 1.2 lacs monthly transacting delivery partners, and 15 lacs plus orders daily in 900+ cities with over 8500+ pin codes.
With its built-in real-time delivery tracking, efficient business model, and cost-efficient delivery network has allowed Shadowfax, a flipkart-backed company to offer faster and more flexible delivery options to its customers.
Shadowfax (derived name from “Lord of all horses”) does purse a bold mission to build the fastest and most reliable logistics network by empowering a million micro entrepreneurs through technology to deliver anything, anywhere.
But, where does company stands in current scenario? What does it cost to start and how much is the profit margin?
The answer lies in upcoming section.
You may like:
How to Get Amazon Delivery Franchise? – Cost & Profit – Amazon Delivery
Shadowfax franchise opportunities – The Journey
Their ambitious journey started with an initial active user base of 1k daily by offering one of the demanding services, including last-mile delivery, reverse logistics, and reliable services to an e-commerce giant to become one of trusted and rapidly growing delivery houses is certainly aspiring.
Key Facts on Shadowfax
|Shadowfax Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
|Courier & Delivery
|Founders Or Parent Company
|Abhishek Bansal and Team
|Bengaluru, Karnataka 560095
|Number of locations
|Over 8500 pin codes delivery
|Delivery, express mail,
|Rs. 990 Cr revenue(FY 22)
You may like:
Why consider owning a Shadowfax Franchise?
There are several advantages of partnering with a leading delivery chain, and some of them are listed below for your reference;
- Range of affordable and reliable services:
- As a new franchisee, you may have opportunity to offer a wide range of affordable and reliable delivery services to the customers, making it a most viable option for any entrepreneurs.
- Tech-enabled tracking systems:
- The chain provides a real time tracking and analytics to help businesses monitor and optimize their logistics operations.
- Network of trusted delivery partners:
- With its strong and highly efficient delivery partners, where most of them carries own vehicles to transport goods has enabled the franchise to offer faster and flexible delivery options.
- Low startup cost with high growth opportunities:
- Starting a franchises like Shadowfax requires a least investment of around ₹ 1 lacs to ₹ 5 lacs that may generate a humongous profit margin to its franchisee. In fact, some of the high-scale franchisee are making more 1 lacs per months.
- Strong brand reputation:
- A new franchisee can leverage strong brand reputation and customer service, and with 24/7 available support systems may help them to build a strong income system on their investment.
How much does a Shadowfax Franchise cost?
The franchise fee or Total Initial setup cost for Shadowfax will depend on the city, estimated delivery load, and proposed model chosen.
Nonetheless, To become an Shadowfax franchise partner, one would at least require an initial investment ranging from ₹1-5 lakhs (refundable without interest) or a similar amount of bank guarantee with a floor area of min. 300 sq. ft.
The above-mentioned initial investment for Shadowfax business does cover the expenses or fees such as Brand deposit fees, Marketing Fees, Equipment, and other necessary expenses. Moreover, you are free to run any other parallel business, but Sub-franchising is strictly prohibited.
What is the additional cost for Shadowfax Franchise?
To run a delivery & Courier franchise, you may require minimal tools and equipment to grow the business extensively. Basically, a Shadowfax partner cost in India will be around ₹1 lakhs to ₹ 5 lakhs. A few major investments for Shadowfax includes;
|Type of Cost
|Cost and Other details
|Brand Deposit Fee
|Approx. ₹ 1 lacs – 5 lacs
|Min. 300 sq. ft. or more
|IT Systems -Laptop or desktop
|Printer and Scanners
|Other Stationary & Office items
|Total Initial Investment
|₹ 1 lacs – 5 lacs
You may like:
Does Meesho Delivery Franchise Really Exists? – MythBusters – Meesho Delivery
How much is Shadowfax Franchise Profit Margin?
The profitability of delivery and logistics franchise depends on several factors and more items you deliver, the better margins will be.
Nonetheless, considering Shadowfax expertise of over 7+ years, wider and rising coverage area, low-cost franchise setup, collaboration with several e-com giant, and best-in-class tech support may help new franchisee to anticipate a healthy profit margin of 25-30% or more than ₹ 50,000 per month.
You may like:
How can you become a Blinkit Franchise? – Cost & Profit – Blinkit Franchise
What are the requirements to Become a Shadowfax Franchise Partner?
Some of their major requirements are listed below;
- First and most important – One should be financially well-qualified and have good credit to start a Shadowfax location, and should be ready to invest minimum ₹1 lacs – 5 lacs.
- Interested applicants are advised to dedicate themselves to the Shadowfax business and follow the company standards and maintain their legacy.
- Interested prospects must undergo and complete the necessary training program offered by Shadowfax’s team.
- Interested franchisees should have a passion to work in the Delivery industry and should possess the leadership and financial skills to operate a Shadowfax outlet.
- Applicants are advised to secure a suitable location that meet Shadowfax franchise requirements, such as high visibility and easy accessibility with a min floor space of min 300 sq feet.
How to Get Shadowfax Franchise?
For starting a Shadowfax location will require a relatively minimal investment that may offer an impressive gross profit margin.
Additionally, the Shadowfax chain may provide several benefits, and interested candidates can take up franchise outlets in their city through their expertise and endless support systems.
- Visit its official website and fill in details at their Shadowfax franchise form like Name, Email ID, Phone number, State, City, Pin code, and other necessary stuff.
Final Takeaway – Summary
Shadowfax is one of leading and rapidly growing delivery and logistics chains, offering a variety of services, including last-mile delivery, reverse logistics, and fulfillment services. The chain has grown into a space of more than 8500+ pin code in over 900+ cities.
To become a Shadowfax outlet owner, one may require an investment of Rs. 1 lacs to 5 lacs and a floor space of min 300 sq. ft. and can start your entrepreneurial journey. Nevertheless, if you too keen about profitability, then Shadowfax offers an interesting program for its franchisee owner, and one can certainly expect to earn more than ₹50,000 per month.
Overall, the Shadowfax location is an attractive option for entrepreneurs and business owners who are looking to enter the rapidly growing logistics and delivery market in India.
With its strong brand reputation, efficient delivery network, and commitment to customer service and sustainability, Shadowfax is well-positioned to continue its growth and success in the coming years.
Then, what are you waiting for? Go and grab this opportunity and start your entrepreneurship journey with Shadowfax.
Good Luck!! Happy Franchising!!
How much does it cost to start a Shadowfax Franchise in India?
Ans: The cost of starting a Shadowfax location depends on several factors, such as location and chosen model. Moreover, starting a Shadowfax delivery unit in India will be around ₹1 lacs to 5 lacs for a floor area of min. 300 sq feet.
Is Shadowfax Franchise Profitable?
Ans: As per current financial report, Shadowfax is still facing cash-crunch and their expenses are more than its revenue. In FY 22, Shadowfax has posted a rise in loss of over 32%, 176 Crores.
In general, owning a Shadowfax may prove beneficial run a typical delivery unit and can return a profit of more than ₹50,000 per month.