Do you intend to open a dairy franchise in your town? Did the presence of several dairy stores nearby prompt you to look for a profitable dairy franchise in India? Does your instinct compels you to partner with one of India’s lucrative and affordable franchise?
If “yes,” you have undoubtedly found the best article on the internet, which will provide a complete insight on starting a successful dairy chain in the city by partnering – with Mother Dairy Franchise.
Note: We have been covering several articles on multiple franchises, and with our article, we always tries to put up a clear and transparent picture of the chain that focus primarily on its cost, profit, and reasons to start it. For any queries, you can follow us on Instagram or can use the provided comment section.
The dairy sector is expanding quickly in India, and some of the oldest franchises have developed a strong brand image among Indians that has unquestionably assisted them in gaining a sizable market share and a devoted following. However, we have highlighted a few major reasons supporting our statement;
- One of the leading agriculture based economy
- Largest milk producer in the world
- Affordable pricing
- Varieties in offering
In this blog, we’ll be covering a comprehensive article on starting a Mother Dairy Franchise in your city with its capital required, cost, profit, expansion strategies, and step-by-step guidelines to get this franchise – and answer some common questions about the chain.
- Company: Mother Dairy
- Founded: 1974
- HQ: Noida, UP, India
- Industry: Dairy
- No. of outlet: 1800+
- Model: Franchising
- Area served: Worldwide
- Franchise Fee: ₹1-2 lacs
- Profit Margin: 10-15%
- Area Required: Min. 300 sq ft
- Total Initial Investment: ₹ 15 lacs to 20 lacs
Table of Contents
Overview of Mother Dairy Franchise
Incepted in 1974 as a subsidiary unit of National Dairy Development Board (NDDB), Mother Dairy is one of the India’s successful daily brand that provides an organized market for milk producers in the country.
Over the year, and with the board mission to provide safe, healthy, and affordable dairy products, Mother Dairy has become one of the most popular and trusted brands in India.
The chains offers a wide range of dairy products, such as milk, curd, butter, cheese, paneer, ice cream, and many more. They are also one of the second largest milk producers in India, next to Amul.
The chain is certainly equipped with modern technology and equipment to ensure the quality and safety of its products, which helps them offering dairy products produced with the highest standards of hygiene and safety measures.
Mother Dairy operates a milk processing facility in Delhi and has a sizable distribution network of more than 1,500 retail locations and 1,800 exclusive locations in many cities. The chain has increased its presence in tier 3 and tier 4 cities by collaborating with several retail outlets and supermarkets.
Often their successes are attributed to their focus on quality, affordability, and customer satisfaction, which allowed them to establish a sizable customer base over the years.
According to its official website, the chain has invested significant capital in advertising and marketing campaigns that helped them to create general brand awareness and visibility in the market.
Now, does this little snippet on Mother Dairy excite you to become their partner? Hold on, we have more to cover on this, which will help you in making an informed decision on same.
You may like:
How to Start an Arun Ice Cream Franchise – Cost, Fee, and Profit – Arun Ice Cream
Does Aavin Franchise only cost *₹1 Lakh*? – Apply, Cost, & Profit – Aavin Franchise
Mother Dairy Franchise Opportunity – The Journey
Their humble beginning also started like Amul franchise that focused on primarily on Gujarat. But, Mother Dairy was launched to provide a stable and organized milk market for Indian farmers by focusing primarily on Delhi and NCR Region.
It offers consumers a wide variety of items, including dairy, through a strong network of franchise outlets and more than 400 Safal stores.
Key Facts on Mother Dairy
|Sr. No||Type||Govt-Subsidiary Entity|
|1||Trade Name||Mother Dairy|
|4||Founders Or Parent Company||Subsidiary of NDDB|
|6||Number of locations||1,500 retail locations|
and 1,800 exclusive locations
|9||Menu offering||Milk, curd, butter, cheese, paneer, |
ice cream, and many more
|10||Revenue||₹12,583.40 crore in FY22|
You may like:
Benefits of Owning a Mother Dairy Franchise
There are several benefit in owning a Mother Dairy location, and some of them are listed for your reference.
- Leverage its Established brand:
- As a Mother Dairy outlet owner, you may have access to their proven and established business model that have been helping them to grow and expand their location and business extensively.
- Training and Support:
- The franchise provides an extensive training and support program to its franchisees, which includes assistance with store layout, product placement, and marketing
- Affordability and Variety:
- Mother Dairy offers a wide range of affordable products, such as Milk, Curd, Fruits, and Vegetables, that makes them serve items for all category.
- Marketing Support:
- The chain has been investing heavily on its marketing campaigns and does provides marketing support to its franchisees, which includes advertising campaigns, promotional offers, and discounts.
- Low startup cost with high profit margin:
- Interested applicants can take up the franchise with the initial investment of rupees 5 to 10 lacs that may return a hefty profit margin to its outlet owner.
- Countrywide presence & expansion:
- Mother Dairy already has strong network of its franchisees across the country, and it has also partnered with several retailers and shopping centers to sell their products. More outlets planned to release in upcoming years will create tremendous opportunities for aspiring entrepreneurs.
You may like:
Start a Baskin Robbins Franchise – Cost + Fee + Profit – Baskin Robbins
How much does a Mother Dairy Franchise Cost?
The chain offers a wide range of Dairy products and its cost for starting a single outlet may depend on several factors, including outlet’s geographical location, chosen model, and many more.
Nevertheless, To start a Mother Dairy franchise, one would at least require an initial investment of ₹ 15 lacs to ₹ 20 lacs and a dedicated floor area of over 300 square feet.
This initial investment does cover the franchise fee, marketing fee, and other necessary expenses, but not the cost involved in construction the outlet.
Mother Dairy Franchise Fee
The franchise fee/deposit fee for the Mother Dairy is between Rs. 1 lacs – Rs. 2 lacs(Depends on chosen model). Furthermore, to qualify financially, franchise candidates and their partners/investors must have minimum net worth of Rs. 50 lacs with available liquidity of Rs. 20 lacs.
Additional Cost for Mother Dairy
Typically, to run and maintain a Mother Dairy outlet, one must adhere to their standards and are liable to pay a few additional costs such as Royalty fee, advertisement fee, maintenance fee, and a few other investments.
However, like Amul, Mother Dairy also doesn’t charges any royalty fee from its franchisees, ultimately offering extra freedom to its outlet owner to earn a few extra margin.
|Name of Fee||Cost and Other Details|
|Initial Franchise Fee||Rs. 1 – 2 lacs|
|Floor area||Min 300 sq. ft|
|Ad royalty Fee||NA|
|Agreement Period||2 Years|
|Planning and Development|
and Design Costs
|Rs. 5-7 lacs|
|Initial Inventory||Rs. 3- 4 lacs|
|Additional Funds||Rs. 5 lacs|
|Net Worth||Rs. 50 Lacs|
|Available Liquidity||Rs. 20 Lacs|
|Total Initial Investment||Rs. 15 lacs – 20 lacs|
You may like:
Start a Naturals ice cream franchise – Cost , Fee, & Profit – Naturals Ice cream
Start a “Royalty Free” Giani Ice cream Franchise – Giani Ice cream
Should You Really Buy a Turkish Ice Cream Franchise? – Cost & Profit – Turkish Ice Cream
How much does a Mother Dairy Safal Franchise Cost?
Safal is one of most affordable franchising model offered by Mother Dairy. Certainly, to start a franchise like this doesn’t hit franchisee’s pocket.
It is one of the popular franchising model where Mother Dairy provides all kind of supports, including Store setup, Display arrangement, electronic weighing machine, visi cooler, and much more.
It requires a minimum investment of ₹2 lacs, which consists of 1 lacs as refundable security deposit, and remaining amount for working capital for a Mother Dairy Safal franchise outlet.
How much is Mother Dairy Franchise Profit Margin?
The chain does support in finding a suitable location that may generate a immense profit margin to its outlet holder. And with its extensive training program and best-in-class marketing strategy, one may anticipate a good profit margin with Mother dairy outlet.
Moreover, it is always advisable to perform extensive market research and area analysis that may help you in understanding the future growth potential for its outlets.
Nevertheless, considering its expertise of over five decades, affordable menu range, low startup cost, varieties in menu, extensive training and marketing program may help new outlet holder to expect a net profit margin of 10-15%.
Additionally, profit margins vary amongst items, with some even offering profit margins of 20% or higher.
You may like:
What does it require to become a Mother Dairy Franchisee?
Generally, the requirements for owning a Mother Dairy location are pretty much similar to other dairy chain. But to ease your research, we have highlighted a few major reasons;
- First and most important – One should be financially well-qualified and have good credit to start a Mother Dairy location, and should be ready to invest minimum ₹15 lacs – 25 lacs.
- Interested applicants are advised to dedicate themselves to the Mother Dairy business and follow the company standards and maintain their legacy.
- Interested prospects must undergo and complete the necessary training program offered by Mother Dairy’s team.
- Interested franchisees should have a passion to work in the Dairy industry and should possess the leadership and financial skills to operate a Mother Dairy outlet.
- Applicants are advised to secure a suitable location that meet Mother Dairy franchise requirements, such as high visibility and easy accessibility with a min floor space of min 300 sq feet.
How to Get Lassi Shop Franchise? : Cost & Profit – Lassi Shop
How to Get Mother Dairy Franchise?
For starting a Mother Dairy location will require a relatively minimal investment that may offer an impressive gross profit margin. Additionally, the Mother Dairy chain may provide several benefits, and interested candidates can take up franchise outlets in their city through their expertise and endless support systems.
- Visit its official website and fill in the necessary details like Name, Address, Phone number, City, and State.
- Or, you can follow these steps; – Brand Details
- Fill an application form with AWPO Army Welfare Placement Organization.
- Appear for an interview jointly conducted by Safal & AWPO.
- Deposit Security & Working Capital Draft under Agreement with two Govt. Officials as your Guarantors
- Safal provides training & assistance to operationalize the allotted outlet
- Work under the guidelines & on the job advice of Safal’s Sales Team on day to day basis to maximize your earnings
Final Takeaway – Summary
Undoubtedly, Mother Dairy is one of second largest dairy brand in India, next to Amul. It offers a wide range of Dairy products, such as Ghee, Milk, Curd, Frozen Items, Ice Cream, and much more. In a span of 50 plus years, the chain has grown into a more than 1800 exclusive outlets.
To become a Mother Dairy outlet owner, one may require an investment of Rs. 15 lacs to 25 lacs and a floor space of min 300 sq. ft. and can start your entrepreneurial journey. Nevertheless, if you too keen about profitability, then Mother Dairy offers an interesting program for its franchisee owner, and one can certainly expect to earn 10-15% of net profit margin.
The bottom line – Overall, owning a Mother Dairy outlet can be a lucrative business opportunity for entrepreneurs who are interested in the dairy industry.
Additionally, We also advises interested prospects to perform extensive market research and growth potential for a given location, and should be prepared to make a sizable financial commitment to grow future in the industry.
Then, what are you waiting for? Go and grab this opportunity and start your entrepreneurship journey with Mother Dairy.
Good Luck!! Happy Franchising!!
Want to explore more? Then check out below franchising opportunities.
How much does it cost to Start a Mother Dairy Franchise in India?
Ans: The cost of starting a Mother Dairy location depends on several factors, such as location and chosen model. Moreover, starting a Mother Dairy outlet price in India will be around ₹15 lacs to 25 lacs for a floor area of min. 300 sq feet.
Is Mother Dairy Franchise Profitable?
Ans: The profitability of Mother Dairy outlet may depend on numerous factors, and considering the Mother Dairy’s expertise, subsidiary of Govt entity, varieties in offering, and competitive pricing may help franchisee to anticipate a net profit margin of 10-15%.
How much does a Mother Dairy Franchise owner make?
Ans: It certainly varies and depends on location and owner’s capabilities to maintain their expenses. Moreover, An average Mother dairy outlets can generate a monthly sales of over ₹4-5 lacs and can return a net profit of average 12%. That means, a franchise can certainly expect a monthly income of over 50,000 easily.