Do you love fried chicken? How about taking your love for the chicken to another level by starting a Multinational food joint? Yes, Today we have brought in one of the best and most searched food franchise – KFC Franchise In India.
On google trends and our platform, we have found several queries and searches to own the best food and beverage franchise with a minimum investment. However, How about investing a little more and taking the opportunity to start one of the renowned Food franchises in India?
Maybe you’ve talked about the profitable food franchise, or perhaps you’ve surfed hours on the internet and walked to several stores to find the best available franchise – either way, you’ve tried hard and confused to own a KFC outlet in India.
The truth is, you’re NOT completely sure if this is for you, or you have some VITAL questions like:
- Overview of KFC Franchise In India
- What’s their background and product offering?
- Why Choose KFC over other franchises?
- How Much does it Cost to Own a KFC Outlet?
- Is KFC franchising Profitable?
- What are the requirements for KFC?
- What are the other Similar franchise options available?
- What are the Documents required for KFC?
- And Finally – How To Get A KFC Outlet In India?
Well, in this honest KFC Franchise review, we’ll answer all your questions by covering the burning angles to get this franchises – and answer some common questions about the chains.
- Brand Name: KFC or Kentucky Fried Chicken
- Franchise Fee: Rs. 36 Lacs
- Royalty Fee: 5%
- Franchising In India: Yes, Since 1995
- No. of Outlets: Over 450
- Floor area: Min. 1000-1500 sq. ft.
- Agreement Period: 20 Yrs
- Total Initial Investment: Rs. 1 Cr- Rs. 2 Cr
Table of Contents
Overview of KFC Franchise In India
Founded in 1952 by Colonel Harland Sanders and Pete Harman, KFC, also known as Kentucky Fried Chicken, is a fast food restaurant chain known for its fried chicken. The chain specializes in serving varieties of Fried chicken, Hamburgers, Veg & Chicken Sandwiches, Wraps, French fries, Soft drinks, Milkshakes, Salad, Desserts, and much more.
They are also one of the largest fast-food chains in the world, with over 24,000 locations in more than 150 countries. Out of 24000 KFC restaurants worldwide, it has a presence of over 4000 outlets in the US itself, and the remaining them are available in other countries.
In India, KFC is a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc., and it operates more than 400 outlets across the country. The chain is known for its “finger-lickin’ good” fried chicken, which is made with a secret blend of 11 herbs and spices.
Please continue reading if you are passionate about fast-food franchises & this little snippet about the KFC chain excites you.
You may also like:
KFC – The Journey in India
The journey started with Colonel Harland Sanders creating a finger-lickin’ good recipe(a secret blend of 11 herbs and spices) more than 75 years ago, that continues to be followed across 145 countries, with more than 800K team members breading and freshly preparing bucket after bucket of its signature Hot & Crispy chicken is amazing.
Having a new KFC restaurant opening every 6 hours would certainly create tremendous opportunities for interested prospects to grab and become a part of a rapidly growing fast-food franchise.
Key facts about KFC
|1||Trade Name||KFC or Kentucky Fried Chicken|
|2||Industry||Food and Beverages, Restaurants|
|4||Founders Or Parent Company|| Colonel Harland Sanders|
Parent company- Yum! Brands
|5||Corporate Headquarters||1441 Gardiner Lane, Louisville, |
Kentucky, U.S. Dallas, Texas, U.S. (global)
|6||Number of locations||Over 24000 outlets across more than150 countries|
|7||Area served||Over 150 countries|
delivery and take-out service
|9||Menu offering|| Fried chicken, Hamburgers,|
Veg & Chicken Sandwiches, Wraps,
French fries, Soft drinks,
Milkshakes, Salad, Desserts
|10||Revenue||Rs. 10.35 Billion|
You may also like:
Why consider owning a KFC Franchise?
Good question. Why should we opt for a KFC, when we have other affordable options available in the market? So, to answer this query, we would list out a few main reason to own this franchise.
- Established Franchise:
- First and foremost, they are one of the leading players in the fast food industry, and everyone wants to be a part of that. Because every penny invested should offer a good return.
- Proven business model:
- The franchise offers a proven business model, with decades of experience in the fast-food industry.
- Reduces the risk of failure for franchisees
- Provides a level of security and predictability for the franchisee.
- Extensive training support:
- Offers comprehensive training and support to its franchisees, including assistance in site selection, Interior decor, and other necessary stuff.
- Best-in-class marketing and advertising
- Provides strong marketing and advertising support, helping them to drive customer traffic to their outlets.
- Helps to increase brand awareness.
- Bulk Buying power:
- Franchise owners may benefit from their bulk buying power, which ultimately allows them to lower their manufacturing costs and earn a few extra profits.
- highest quality ingredients and products at competitive prices.
- Increased chances of success:
- Interested prospects may have a higher chance of success when compared to starting an independent business as they are provided with a tried and tested business model and a ready customer base.
You may also like:
Is Five Star Chicken Franchise Profitable? – How to Start, Cost – 5 Star Chicken
How much does a KFC Franchise Cost in India?
The franchise fee or Total Initial setup cost for KFC chain will depend on the proposed geographical locations. Nonetheless, To start a KFC franchise in India, one would at least require an initial investment of Rs. 1 Cr – Rs. 2 Cr and a dedicated floor area of min 1000-1500 square feet to set up a brick-and-mortar retail space.
FYI, the above-mentioned initial investment for KFC business does cover the expenses or fees such as Franchise fees, Marketing Fees, Equipment, and other necessary fees.
Moreover, if you are planning to opt for a master franchise, then it may not be for you. As, KFC has already given the essential rights to three franchise partners- Sapphire Foods, RJ Corp-owned Devyani International, and Burman Hospitality.
KFC Franchise Fee In India
The franchise fee for KFC is Rs. 36 lacs. Furthermore, to qualify financially, franchise candidates and their partners/investors should have a minimum net worth of Rs. 10 Cr with available liquidity of Rs. 4 Cr.
Additional Cost for KFC
Typically, to run and maintain a KFC outlet, one must adhere to their standards and are liable to pay a few additional costs such as Royalty fee, advertisement fee, maintenance fee, and a few other investments.
The on-going royalty fee for KFC Franchise in India is 5% and ad royalty fee is 2% of the monthly gross sales.
|Type of Fee||Cost and Other Details|
|Franchise Fee||Rs. 36 lacs|
|Interior decor + Furniture||Rs. 10 lacs – 20 lacs|
|Equipment cost||Rs. 10 lacs – 20 lacs|
|Ad Royalty Fee||2%|
|Net Worth||Rs. 10 Cr|
|Available liquidity||Rs. 4 Cr|
|Agreement Period||20 Years, Renewable|
|Total Initial Investment||Rs. 1 Cr – Rs. 2 Cr|
You may also like:
Start a Xero Degrees Franchise – Cost, Fee, & Profit – Xero Degrees
Is KFC franchise Profitable In India?
Considering the KFC chain’s expertise of over seven decades, a wide range of affordable & delicious food offerings, localized food taste, extensive training & marketing support, a proven business model, and a loyal fan base, one may anticipate earning an impressive profit margin.
It can be profitable to own a KFC outlet in India, but it depends on various factors such as location, competition, and overall business management. Like any business, a KFC venture business requires careful planning, a solid business strategy, and efficient operations in order to be successful.
Additionally, it’s important to note that owning a franchise of any kind typically requires a significant investment of both time and money.
Nevertheless, as per franchise’s FDD documents and information available over the internet, one may certainly anticipate a profit margin of 8-10%.
You may also like:
Start a Burger Singh Franchise – Cost, Fee, & Profit – Burger Singh
Start a Belgian Waffle Franchise – Cost, Fee, & Profit – Belgian Waffle
What does it require to Own a KFC Franchise in India?
Below are the KFC franchise requirements in India;
- First and most important – One should have the required funding to get a KFC, that is one should be ready to invest anywhere between Rs. 1 Cr to 2 Cr.
- Interested applicants are advised to dedicate themselves to the KFC business and follow the company standards and maintain their legacy.
- Interested applicants must undergo and complete the necessary training program offered by the franchise.
- Interested franchisees should have passion to work in the Food and Beverages industry and should possess the leadership and financial skills to operate a KFC outlet.
- Prospects are advised to do the proper marketing and site research, which will help them to understand the market potential and would certainly boost your morale.
- Applicants are advised to secure a suitable location that meets KFC’s requirements, such as high visibility and easy accessibility.
It’s important to note that these requirements are subject to change and vary depending on the country and region. It’s a good idea to check the KFC’s official website or get in touch with their franchising department for more specific information.
You may like
What’s So Special about Rameshwaram Cafe Franchise? – Cost & Profit – Rameshwaram Cafe
How to Start a Naadbramha Idli Franchise: Cost & Profit – Naadbramha Idli
Documents required to own a KFC Franchise
- Personal Documents – Aadhar and Pan Card
- Passport Size photographs
- Outlet rental agreement- if rented
- Bank Passbook
- PD cheques – If necessary
- GST License, ITR doc, and other necessary stuff
- Brand agreement
What are the other Similar franchise options available?
If you can’t afford a KFC outlet or perhaps you don’t like the profit margin for the KFC, then you can check out our complete food and beverages listing and make a decision.
Moreover, Here are our profitable picks;
How to Get KFC franchise in India?
Ready to apply for a KFC outlet franchise? Great!!
One should understand that starting a KFC outlet requires immense capital and related experience, so one has to be mentally prepared to start this business venture.
To get a KFC franchise, please visit their official website to understand more about their future plans and upcoming opportunities, and can follow below steps to own this franchise;
- Option : 1
- Visit KFC India’s official website, and navigate to bottom of the page and click on Contact Us form and fill in the required details.
- Second option:
- Third Option:
Started in 1952 by Colonel Harland Sanders, KFC is one of the largest, rapidly growing, and well established fast-food chains that cater to a wide range of delicious menu items, such as Fried Chicken, Hamburgers, French fries, Soft drinks, Milkshakes, Salads, Desserts, and Breakfast.
It has penetrated the Indian market in 1995 by opening its first outlet in Bangalore and within a few years of its launch, it acquired a significant market share in this industry. Currently, It boasts more than 500 franchise partners on board -Pan India.
However, Its expertise of over 7 decades, affordable pricing, best-in-class service, customer experience, social media presence, uninterrupted supply chain, and robust outlet network aids an extra advantage for the new franchisee unit holder.
With an Initial investment of Rs. 1 Cr – Rs. 2 Cr, KFC chain may offer an outstanding profit margin to its stakeholders and one may anticipate a profit margin of 8-10%.
The Bottom line – In case you are interested in the Food and beverage industry and want to take advantage of the opportunity from a Multinational chain, then you can start a KFC franchise in India. With its immense legacy, expertise, and robust supply chain, one may experience stable and steady growth in their entrepreneurial journey.
So, what are you waiting for? Go and start your entrepreneurial journey with KFC!!
Good Luck!! Happy Franchising!!
You may also like:
Start a No.1 Royalty Free Wow Momo Franchise – Wow! Momo
Want to explore more? Then check out below franchising opportunities.
How much does it cost to get a KFC franchise?
Ans: To Start a KFC outlet, one would certainly require an investment of Rs. 1Cr to Rs. 2Cr. This investment includes franchise fee, equipment cost, marketing fee, and other necessary expenses.
How much does a KFC franchise owner make in India?
Ans: Considering the brand expertise, affordable pricing, varieties in menu, robust supply chain, and a loyal customer base, one may anticipate a profit margin of 8-10%.
How many KFC franchise in India?
Ans: As per latest information available, KFC boasts of over 450 franchised outlet in India.
Does KFC gives franchise in India?
Ans: Yes, KFC does provides franchise opportunities in India, and Interested applicants can apply for the franchise by visiting its Master franchise’s official website.
Who Own KFC Franchise In India?
Ans: KFC is an International fast-food chains, and they have given essential rights to Devyani International and Sapphire foods for outlets operation and expansion in India.