Start a PUMA Franchise in India – Cost, Fee, & Profit
Are you looking for a multinational casual footwear, apparel, and accessories franchise? Today, we are bringing in the fastest-growing and renowned franchise for you. Ya, you read it right – we will be covering an in-depth article on – How to Start a Puma Franchise in India?
In this article, we’ll dive deep into the PUMA business with capital requirements, fee, profit, and step-by-step guidelines to get this franchise – and answer some common questions about the chain.
- Floor area: Min. 1000 sq. ft
- Est. cost to setup outlet: Rs. 10 lacs – Rs. 20 lacs
- Initial Inventory : Rs. 15lacs – Rs. 20 lacs
- Additional Funds: Rs. 10 lacs
- Agreement Period: 5 Yrs
- Profit Margin: 20-30% on each sale
- Net Worth: Rs. 2 Cr
- Available Liquidity: Rs. 1 Cr
- Total Initial Investment: Rs. 50 lacs – Rs. 1 Cr
Table of Contents
Overview of PUMA Franchise
Founded in 1948 in Herzogenaurach, Germany by Rudolf Dassler, Puma is one of the third largest sportswear manufacturers in the world. The chain has been popularly known for offering a range of casual footwear, apparel products for men and women.
Having its strong worldwide distribution network, 1000+ exclusive showrooms, and more than 10,000+ multi-brand outlets across global and domestic market has enabled the chain to become one of the highly recommended and No.1 sportswear brand in India(PUMA entered into the Indian Market in 2006).
The chain has been continuously improving the quality of distribution that has allowed them to expand its presence in leading sports performance and sport style accounts across the world. PUMA has also strengthen the relationships with their retailers by being a flexible and service-oriented business partner.
PUMA has been experiencing strong demand and continuously expanding its reach to several countries through numerous channels. According to its financial report, PUMA has given strong sales growth, exhibiting a CAGR growth of 12.3% from 2015 to 2021.
Enough about its background, now come to its real picture.
Please continue reading if you are passionate about the fashion and apparel franchises & this little snippet about the PUMA chain excites you.
We will offer comprehensive and well-researched information regarding the PUMA chain, along with its price, fees, profit margin, and—most importantly—the reason “Why“ you need it.
You may like:
Start A Zudio Franchise – Cost, Fee, & Profit – Zudio
How to Start a Van Heusen Franchise – Cost, Fee, & Profit – Van Heusen
PUMA – The Journey
The journey started with their humble beginning as a worker at a shoe factory in Germany, to being one of the third largest sportswear manufacturer in the world and No-1 Sportswear brand in India is amazing. Currently, PUMA holds an expertise of over seven decade and also have generated a revenue of US $6.8 billion(FY21) worldwide.
Puma have grown into a over 400 strong family across India in Delhi NCR, Mumbai, Pune, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Jaipur, and other cities.
Key facts on PUMA
|2||Industry||Textile and Footwear|
|4||Founders Or Parent Company||Rudolf Dassler|
|5||Corporate Headquarters||Herzogenaurach, Germany|
|6||Number of locations||1000+ exclusive showrooms, |
and 10,000+ multi-brand outlets
|7||Area served||Across the Globe|
|9||Services offering||footwear and apparel products|
|10||Revenue||US $6.8 Billion( FY21)|
You may also like:
MUST KNOW! Before starting a Jockey Franchise – Cost & Profit – Jockey
Why to Choose PUMA Franchise?
Well, there could be several reasons to own a PUMA Outlet in your city. But Why choose only PUMA? When we have other options such as Red Tape, Bata, Relaxo, and other chains. Let’s check out- Some of its promising features to own it.
- Established Brand:
- There could be several emerging footwear or apparel brands, but PUMA is one such brand that doesn’t need any introduction to anyone. That’s their brand image and value. After becoming a franchise owner of a PUMA outlet, one may leverage PUMA’s pre-established brand image.
- Targeted Customer:
- PUMA does know – Who are their primary or targeted customers? It allows the chain to market and advertises products to its main customers, ultimately making it a profitable franchise opportunity for interested candidates.
- Premium products and brand in each category:
- The franchise offers a range of premium footwear & apparel products, without compromising on its quality standards. It helped the chain to become of the PIONEER brand in the industry.
- Loyal Customer Base:
- A Good brand with a more than millions of customer base is just an amazing thing for any franchise or business, and PUMA is NO EXCEPTION to that. PUMA garners a huge fan following across the globe and some of their products goes out of stock within no time.
- Profitable opportunity with moderate investment:
- To become a PUMA outlet holder, one may need to have an initial investment of over Rs. 50 lacs to Rs. 1Cr for an floor area of over 1000 sq. ft.
- Immense demand and limited opportunity:
- India has a lot of demand for fashion and apparel franchises, but a limited number of opportunities require you to make quick decisions with a long-term perspective.
- Rapid digitalization:
- PUMA has been continuously and extensively working on the multiple online channels to market and sell their products. Recently, they have launched first-ever PUMA Shopping app in India and other countries as well.
Start a Relaxo Franchise – Cost, Fee, & Profit – Relaxo
Get a Prestige Xclusive Franchise – Cost, Fee, & Profit – Prestige
How much does a PUMA Franchise Cost?
The franchise fee or Total Initial setup cost for PUMA will depend on proposed geographical locations. Nonetheless, To start a PUMA franchised outlet, one would at least require an initial investment of Rs. 50 lacs – Rs. 1 Cr lacs and a dedicated floor area of over 1000 square feet to set up a brick-and-mortar retail space.
FYI, the above mentioned initial investment for PUMA business does cover the expenses or fee such as Franchise Fee, Marketing Fee, Equipment, and other necessary fee.
Cost Break-up for PUMA outlet
|Type of Fees||Cost and Its description|
|Floor area||Min. 1000 sq. ft|
|Est. cost to setup outlet||Rs. 10 lacs – Rs. 20 lacs|
|Initial Inventory||Rs. 15lacs – Rs. 20 lacs|
|Additional Funds||Rs. 10 lacs|
|Agreement Period||5 Yrs|
|Profit Margin||20-30% on each sale|
|Net Worth||Rs. 2 Cr|
|Available Liquidity||Rs. 1 Cr|
|Total Initial Investment||Rs. 50 lacs – Rs. 1 Cr|
Is PUMA Franchise Profitable?
The profitability of any franchise or business is one of the most searched parameter over the internet. However, after becoming a PUMA outlet owner, one may certainly churn the perks of being associated with a renowned chain.
Find a perfect location either in City Center, hypermarket, or in super mall and enjoy a good monthly income.
Nevertheless, considering the demand opportunities, multichannel growth, experienced founder, affordable pricing & premium niche, and rapid digitalization aids an extra advantage for the PUMA outlet owner, ultimately enabling the interested prospect to anticipate a profit margin of 20-30% on each sale and a net profit margin of 10-12%.
So, PUMA Franchise margin for a outlet owner would lie anywhere between 10-12%(Net profit)
You may also like:
Start a Lenskart Franchise – Cost, Fee, & Profit – Lenskart
Requirements to own a PUMA Outlet
- Interested applicants are advised to dedicate themselves into the PUMA business and follow the company standards and maintain their legacy.
- Interested candidates must meet the financial requirements of the franchise i.e. minimum net worth of Rs. 2 Cr & available liquidity of Rs. 1 Cr.
- One should be ready to invest at least Rs. 50 lacs – 1 Cr to own a PUMA factory outlet franchise.
- Interested franchisees should have passion to work in the Fashion and Apparel industry and should possess the leadership and financial skills.
What is the Support offered by PUMA Franchise?
- Site Search and Analysis
- Standard Layout support from the company
- Centralized billing systems
- Regular Products Innovations
- Quality checks and Inventory Support
- Staff Training Support
- Marketing & Sales grow up strategies and guidelines
- All Hands Meetings to improvise the business
- Location-specific promotions during the opening and planning of the launch
Documents required to own a PUMA Franchise
- Personal Documents – Aadhar and Pan Card
- Passport Size photographs
- Outlet rental agreement- if rented
- Bank Passbook
- PD cheques – If necessary
- GST License, ITR doc, and other necessary stuff
How to Get PUMA Franchise?
Interested prospects can take up this franchise and start their entrepreneurial journey, once they meet the PUMA factory outlet franchise requirement and the brands finds them as one of the perfect candidate for outlet owner.
Nevertheless, to become a PUMA partner, please visit their official website and fill in the required details in contact us page..
You need to fill in your correct personal details like Name, Mobile Number, Email, and query.
Once you submit the form, the PUMA team will contact you for further application processing and it may takes a few days or weeks for them to respond to your queries.
Or, if necessary, you may also contact them on below mentioned details;
PUMA Customer support Number: 080 3535 3535(Mention them that you need to check out the franchise and they would provide you with the concern person contact details)
Started in 1948 by Rudolf Dassler, PUMA is one of India’s No.1 sportswear brands and leading player in footwear and apparel segment. It has penetrated in Indian market in 2006 and within a few years of their launch, they had acquired a significant market share in this industry. Currently, It boasts more than 350 franchise partners on-board -Pan India.
However, multichannel growth, experienced founder, affordable pricing & premium niche, and rapid digitalization aids an extra advantage for the PUMA outlet owner.
With an Initial investment of Rs. 50 lacs – Rs. 1 Cr, PUMA chain may offers an outstanding profit margin to its stake holders and one may anticipate a gross profit margin of 20-30% on each sale.
The Bottom line – In case you are interested in the footwear and apparel industry and want to take advantage of the opportunity, then PUMA Partners programs is for you. With its immense legacy, expertise, and robust supply chain, one may experience a stable and steady growth for their entrepreneurial journey.
So, what are you waiting for? Go and start your entrepreneurial journey with PUMA!!
Good Luck!! Happy Franchising!!
Explore more about the Food & Beverages and Tea & Café Franchise.
How much does it cost to Start a PUMA franchise?
Ans: To become an approved PUMA Outlet Partner, one would at least require an initial investment of Rs. 50 lacs – Rs. 1 Cr lacs. There are some other cost involved and a few of them are list below;
Floor area: Min. 1000 sq. ft
Est. cost to setup outlet: Rs. 10 lacs – Rs. 20 lacs
Initial Inventory : Rs. 15lacs – Rs. 20 lacs
Additional Funds: Rs. 10 lacs
Agreement Period: 5 Yrs
Profit Margin: 20-30% on each sale
Net Worth: Rs. 2 Cr
Available Liquidity: Rs. 1 Cr
Total Initial Investment: Rs. 50 lacs – Rs. 1 Cr
How much does a PUMA Factory outlet franchise make?
Ans: If the outlet location have been chosen perfectly and has immense customer footfall, then it may turn out to be a profitable venture, and one may anticipate a profit margin of 20-30%.