Have you been Googling about the premium tea franchise in India? Does the growth prospect of the Indian Tea market inspire you to find and own a profitable and reliable cafe chain? Are you passionate about working in a Café Industry that may require a little investment and, in turn, offer a healthy profit margin?
If you have answered “yes” to any of the queries, then we invite you to join a special reading-ride with FranchiseGoal India to understand more about a steadily growing cafe chain that is going to open its first international outlet in London. Didn’t get a clue? Well, we are talking to the one-and-only Black Pekoe Tea Franchise.
- Company: Black Pekoe
- Founded: 2017
- HQ: Chennai, India
- Industry: Cafe
- No. of outlet: 200+
- Model: Franchising
- Area served: Nationwide
- Franchise Fee: ₹1.89 lakh
- Profit Margin: 25-40%
- Area Required: Min. 200 sq ft
- Total Initial Investment: ₹5 lakh
Table of Contents
Overview of Black Pekoe Franchise
Founded in 2017 by one of serial Teapreneur, Joseph Rajesh, Black Pekoe is one of India’s popular and secretly growing premium tea chain, specialize in serving a wide range of tea, such as Green Tea, Black Tea, Masala Tea, Ginger Tea, Coolers, and a few delicious varieties of snacks.
Established with a single motto to take their special tea to every common individual, Black Pekoe has opened more than 200+ stores and over 150 franchise signup, leading to a stable and staggering growth for the franchise and eventually making them ready to launch its first franchise in London.
The franchise takes pride in serving 100% natural and authentic taste of tea for every single person who cherishes Tea. With more branches to open in near future will surely create humongous opportunity for aspiring entrepreneur to join the hands with Black Pekoe.
You may like:
Know Everything about “Third Wave Coffee Franchise” – Cost & Profit – Third Wave Coffee
Black Pekoe – The Journey
Black Pekoe was formed in 2017 with a gang of aspiring teapreneur, who wanted to serve a delectable, tasty, and affordable range of Tea that is prepared using a 100% fresh and handpicked tea. Within a few year of its launch in Chennai, Black Pekoe spread its wings to other part of Southern India as well.
Today, the chain has more than 200+ outlets across the country and a few more are aligned in line to open up in coming years.
Key Facts on Black Pekoe
|Founders Or Parent Company
|Tamil Nadu, India
|Number of locations
|Over 200 locations
|Varieties of Tea and Snacks
|~ ₹ 1 Crores
You may also like:
How Much Does A Black Pekoe Franchise Cost?
The cost to open a Black Pekoe outlet is certainly depend on several factors, including outlet’s geographical location, available carpet area, and chosen franchise model. Nevertheless, to become an authorized Black Pekoe Franchise, one may at least require an initial investment of ₹5 lakhs and may be a dedicated floor area of min 200-250 square feet to set up a brick-and-mortar cafe space.
Additionally, The above-mentioned initial investment for Black Pekoe Tea parlour does cover the expenses or fee such as Franchise fees, Marketing Fees, Equipment, Branding, and other necessary fees.
How much is the Black Pekoe Franchise Fee?
The franchise fee for Black Pekoe outlet is ₹1,89,000(excluding taxes), which will be non-refundable. Interested applicants can also apply for its master franchise, who will be responsible for expanding their outlet in particular territory. For a master franchise, you may need to put up around ₹30 lakh to ₹50 lakh.
Additional Cost for Black Pekoe
Typically, to run and maintain a Black Pekoe location, one must adhere to their standards and are liable to pay a few additional costs such as Royalty fee, advertisement fee, maintenance fee, and a few other investments.
However, Black Pekoe hasn’t mentioned any specific percentage as royalty fee, but we except that franchise may charge a royalty fee of 5-8%.
|Type of Fee
|Cost & Other details
|₹ 1,89,000(excluding taxes)
|5 Years, Renewable
|Kitchen Materials (Including SS Tables,
Warmer, Induction Stove, Coffee Machine)
|Billing Machine (Cloud Enabled)
|Branding (Signage Board, Lollipop Board, Vinyl)
|Carpentry Work (Material & Labour)
|Painting Work (Material & Labour)
|Electrical Work (Material & Labour)
|Black Pekoe Tea Franchise Cost
You may also like:
Start a Chai Garam Cafe franchise – Cost, Fee, & Profit – Chai Garam Cafe
How much is Black Pekoe Franchise Profit?
The profitability of a Black Pekoe Tea outlet can vary depending on several factors, such as location, competition, overhead costs, supply chain, varieties in services, and marketing conditions & demand, and much more.
Additionally, Considering the founder’s experience of over 6 years, a wide array of affordable hot beverages, competitive pricing, low-cost & low-risk opportunities, high growth & profit potential may help new franchisee to acquire a quick customer base in their area and ultimately can expect a net profit margin of 25-40%.
|Sales per day
|Sales per month
|Variable expense + Royalty
|ROI in months
You may also like:
Why Considering Owning a Black Pekoe Franchise?
There could be several benefit in owning a Black Pekoe outlet, and some of them are listed down for your reference;
- Varieties & Affordable pricing:
- As a franchisee, you may have luxury to cater a wide array of hot beverages at a competitive pricing. It may help you in building a quick fan following in your market.
- Low Startup cost:
- Interested candidates can apply for its franchise at an initial investment of ₹ 5 Lakhs that may return a net profit margin of 25-40%.
- Training & Marketing support:
- Black pekoe provides a proper and comprehensive training and marketing program to every franchisee, which may help them to operate its outlet seamlessly.
You may also like:
Should you own Cafe Coffee Day Franchise? Alternatives, Cost, & Profit – Cafe Coffee Day
** Risk Associated with Black Pekoe Franchise **
- Prominent position in Specific market:
- Though the chain has planned for expanding its presence in London, but majority of its cafes are Concentrated in only Southern India, covering cities like, Chennai, Bengaluru, and some location in Kerala.
- Dependency on single product:
- Black Pekoe is mainly known for its varieties of Tea but having dependency of single product line may create trouble for its business.
- Bad location affects the sales:
- Applicants are advised to find the best location in the market, which should have better shop visibility, customer footfall, and plenty of parking space.
What are the requirements to Start a Black Pekoe Franchise?
- Interested candidates should have the required funding to start a Black Pekoe location, that is ₹5 lakhs with a proper retail space of minimum 200 sq feet and store frontage should be 12-15ft.
- Interested applicants are advised to dedicate themselves to the Black Pekoe business and follow the company standards and maintain their legacy.
- Interested applicants may be required to undergo and complete the necessary training program offered by the Black Pekoe’s team.
- Interested franchisees should have passion to work in the Food & Cafe industry and should possess the leadership and financial skills to operate a Black Pekoe Tea Location.
List of Documents and license required to operate a Black Pekoe Tea Franchise
- Personal documents;
- Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Voter ID Card
- Passport Size photographs
- Shop Agreement document
- GST License
- FSSAI or other necessary local government license required for trading.
- Proper electricity and water connection
- BANK Account details
How to Get Black Pekoe Franchise?
To become an approved Black Pekoe Tea parlour owner may require a relatively low investment that may offers an impressive gross profit margin. Additionally, the Black Pekoe chain may provide several benefits, and interested candidates can take up franchise outlets in their city through their expertise and endless support systems.
One can avail this franchise using below mentioned steps;
- Visit its official website and navigate to the franchise tab of Black Pekoe;
- Fill in the details, such as Name, Email ID, Phone number, and Preferred location.
|Apply here for Black Pekoe ==>
|Franchise Contact Number
|(+91) 81228 48612
(+91) 96117 42424
Final Takeaway – Summary
Today, Black Pekoe is one of leading and steadily growing cafe house from Southern India, which is yet to make its debut in Northern region. The franchise has also planning to open its outlet in London in upcoming months. Black Pekoe takes pride in serving a wide range of freshly prepared tea with 100% authentic flavor without any additives.
Currently, Black Pekoe has more than 200+ locations throughout in India, and with its customer-centric approach and quality offering has helped the chain to garner a network of devotee who craves for premium tea.
With an initial setup cost of ₹5 lakhs, Black Pekoe may provide entrepreneurs its proven business model that may allow them to tap into the growing demand of its tea products. The franchise provides a flexible business model and an outlet holder may anticipate a profit margin of 25-40%.
The Bottom Line: Overall, Black Pekoe business model may prove lucrative opportunity for entrepreneurs looking to venture into a Tea and Cafe market. With its proven business concept, competitive pricing, robust supply chain, and extensive training support, Black Pekoe outlet holder may gain a significant market share, leading to a profitable investment for a franchisee.
Then, what are you waiting for? Go and grab this opportunity and start your entrepreneurship journey with Black Pekoe.
Good Luck!! Happy Franchising!!
Want to explore more? Then check out below franchising opportunities.
How much does it cost to start a Black Pekoe Franchise in India?
Ans: The initial investment for Black Pekoe may accounts for ₹5 lakhs, which will include the franchise fee of ₹1,89,00(excluding the taxes)
Is Black Pekoe Franchise Profitable?
Ans: The income potential for a given franchised outlet may depend on factors like location, customer footfall, and brand’s image in particular region. Without a doubt, the interested candidates can take up their outlet in southern region, but Black Pekoe is yet to capture the Northern region.
Who owns the Black Pekoe chain and what its price?
Ans: Black Pekoe is a fresh tea chain in India, which was started by Joseph Rajesh in 2017. At present, an aspiring entrepreneurs can buy its franchise by investing a minimum sum of ₹5 lakhs.