Have you ever wondered about starting a premium home furnishing products outlet? Are you confused about choosing the best furniture franchise? Then, you can certainly make your dream come true by joining hands with the renowned home furnishing chain – Durian Furniture Franchise.
Undoubtedly, after the lockdown when ‘work from home’ became a usual routine for every one of us that made us realize to bring in the best working environment to increase our productivity. It may have also pushed you to look out for some trusted brands for your home decor stuff like Sofas, chairs, Beds, Dinning tables, and much more. Here comes – the Durian outlet, which is also a one-stop solution for our complete home furnishing product demand.
Here, we have some Good News for YOU! and certainly, after reading this complete article you would be in a position to choose the BEST AVAILABLE HOME FURNISHING franchise and start your entrepreneurial journey in this industry with the Durian chain.
Yes, you correctly read it. We will cover an in-depth article on starting a Durian Furniture franchise in India with its capital required, cost, profit, and step-by-step guidelines to get this franchise – and answer some common questions about the chain.
- Company: Durian Industries
- Founded: 1985
- HQ: Mumbai, India
- Industry: Home Furnishing
- No. of outlet: 33+
- Area served: PAN India
- Franchise Fee: ₹15-20 lacs
- Space Required: Min. 2000 sq ft
- Total Initial Investment: ₹ 1 Cr to ₹2 C
Table of Contents
Overview of Durian Franchise
Founded in 1985 and currently managed by Sajjan Dokania & team, Durian Furniture is one of India’s leading and well-established home furnishing chains, offering a large spectrum of furniture designs with diverse shapes, comfort, color, and glamour unveiled in the Indian furniture market.
With its three decades of experience in extensive research, and development, and a wide product portfolio, Durian positions apart as a leading furniture company in carving interior and exterior surface solutions for beautiful home and office spaces. According to the Statista report, the Indian furniture market amounts to US$5.33bn in 2023, and it is expected to grow annually by 8.27% (CAGR 2023-2027).
Currently, the chain boasts the hub of seven factories, 37 retail furniture stores, and more than 7000 dealers for plywood, veneer, door, and laminates across several cities in India such as Hyderabad, Chennai, Delhi, Mumbai, Karnataka, and many more.
Does this little snippet excite you to Become a franchisee of Durian Furniture store? Don’t hurry! we have a few more important topics to cover on Durian Industries, and we believe that it will undoubtedly help you to understand and choose the best home furnishing franchise.
You may also like:
Durian – The Journey
Irrefutably, Indian furniture market is quite cluttered and being dominating by unorganized local players, and with its strong believe and sheer expertise, Durian has grown into a trusted brand with more than 30 plus outlets across cities and further expansion plan to its store through franchising will create enormous opportunity for interested applicants.
Key facts about Durian
|1||Trade Name||Durian Furnitures|
|4||Founders Or Parent Company||Sajjan Dokania – CEO|
|6||Number of locations||Over 33+|
|7||Area served||PAN India|
|8||Model||Franchise and Self owned|
|9||Products offering||• Home & Office Furniture|
|10||Revenue||Approx. 100 Cr – 500 Cr|
You may also like:
How much does a Durian Franchise Cost In India?
Usually, A home furnishing outlet requires a good chunk of investment with a floor area of a minimum of 2000 -2500 sq feet, and its entire cost may vary depending on the city, outlet’s geographical location, and amount of renovation required. Nevertheless, To become a Durian Franchise partner, one would at least require an initial investment of ₹1 Crore to ₹2 Crore with a min floor area of 2000 – 5000 sq feet.
FYI, the above-mentioned initial investment for Durian business does cover the expenses or fees such as Franchise fees, Marketing Fees, Store decor, and other necessary fees.
Durian Franchise Fee
The franchise fee for Durian is Rs. 15 – 20 lacs + 18% GST. Furthermore, to qualify financially, franchise candidates and their partners/investors should have at least a minimum net worth of ₹ 5 Crore with available liquidity of ₹ 2 Crore.
Additional Cost for Durian
Typically, to run and maintain a furniture franchise like Durian, one must adhere to their standards and are liable to pay a few additional costs such as Royalty fee, advertisement fee, maintenance fee, and a few other investments.
|Type of Fee||Cost and Other Details|
|Franchise Fee||₹ 15-20 lacs + GST|
|Floor Area||Min. 2000 – 2500 sq. ft.|
|Store Ambiance & Interiors||₹10 lacs|
|IT Support & Online Platforms||5 lacs|
|Initial Inventory||₹90 lacs to ₹1.5 Crores|
|Agreement Period||10 Years, Renewable|
|Total Initial Investment||₹ 1 Crores to 2 Crores|
You may also like:
Is Durian Franchise Profitable?
The profitability of a Durian chain or any other business may depend on various factors such as chosen franchise concept, the outlet’s geographical locations, average customer footfall, franchise support, and overall area development.
Nevertheless, considering the enormous growth in the home furnishing industry, moderate startup cost with a least breakeven period, a wide range of product portfolio, quick ROI, trusted brand, and extensive training & marketing support, An aspiring franchise owner may anticipate a healthy gross profit margin of 30-45% and a net profit margin of 12-20%.
You may also like:
Benefits of Owning a Durian Franchise
Undoubtedly, the Durian business is a high-value ticket business that brings in mid to high-profile consumers at stores, ultimately helping the unit to generate consistent and high-volume sales and revenue. For benefit of our clients, we have enlisted a few prominent reasons to start a Durian outlet in their city;
- High-value ticket business:
- As stated earlier, businesses with high profile clients will always help the chain to grow rapidly and consistently over the period.
- Ultimately enabling the unitholder to operate a durian chain hassle-freely for long.
- Backing from renowned brand:
- Durian has got backing from renowned brand like Godrej, GVK, Mayfair, Adani retails and many others.
- It also allows the chain to build a strong brand recognition and loyal customer base across all age group.
- Wider product portfolio with unmatched warranty:
- As a franchisee, you will be able to cater a range of furniture and house furnishing products to your customers that too with a min 5 yrs warranty on it.
- Extensive training support:
- Durian offers comprehensive training and support to its franchisees, including assistance in site selection, Interior decor, and other necessary stuff.
- Best-in-class marketing and advertising
- Durian provides strong marketing and advertising support, helping them to drive customer traffic to their outlets.
You may also like:
What does it require to become a Durian Franchisee?
- First and most important – One should have the required funding to get a Durian outlet, that is one should be ready to invest anywhere between ₹1 Cr to ₹2 Cr.
- Interested applicants are advised to dedicate themselves to the Durian business and follow the company standards and maintain their legacy.
- Interested applicants must undergo and complete the necessary training program offered by Durian’s team.
- Interested franchisees should have a passion to work in the Home Furnishing industry and should possess the leadership and financial skills to operate a Durian outlet.
- Applicants are advised to secure a suitable location that meets Durian’s requirements, such as high visibility and easy accessibility.
What is the Support offered by Durian to Setup a store?
- Site Search and Analysis
- Store interior & exterior layout planning
- Necessary IT support
- Marketing Support
- Regular product launch & innovations
- Quality checks and Complete support for supply chain
- Staff Training Support
- Marketing & Sales growth strategies and guidelines
- All Hands Meetings to improvise the business
- Location-specific promotions during the opening and planning of the launch
Documents required to own a Durian Franchised outlet
- Personal Documents – Aadhar and Pan Card
- Passport Size photographs
- Outlet rental agreement- if rented
- Bank Passbook
- PD cheques – If necessary
- GST License, ITR doc, and other necessary stuff
- Trade license
- Brand agreement
How to Get a Durian Franchise?
Becoming a Durian outlet owner requires a moderate investment that offers an impressive gross profit margin. Nevertheless, the Durian chain may provide several benefits, and interested candidates can take up franchise outlets in their city through their expertise and endless support systems.
One can avail this franchise using below mentioned steps;
One has to visit their official website and fill up the necessary form by navigating to the franchisee section or calling their toll-free number.
Foraying into an unorganized furniture industry after identifying major gaps in quality, services, and range offering, Durian has certainly walked a long mile and has delivered consistent growth to its outlet owners. Some of their prominent and premium products includes Sofa, Beds, Chairs, and many other range of house hold products.
Durian boasts over 33 plus franchise networks across Indian cities and more outlets planned to release in the domestic market in the next year will create tremendous opportunities for interested candidates to grab THIS deal in this ever-growing market.
With an Initial investment of ₹ 1 Cr to ₹ 2 Cr, the Durian chain may offer an outstanding profit margin to its stakeholders and one may anticipate an exceptional net profit margin of 12-20%. Nevertheless, Interested applicants are advised to speak to 4-5 Durian outlet owners before applying for its franchise.
The Bottom line – In case you are interested in the Home Furnishing industry and want to take advantage of the opportunity with a moderate investment, then you can start a Durian outlet in India. With its immense legacy, expertise, and robust supply chain, one may experience stable and steady growth in their entrepreneurial journey.
So, what are you waiting for? Go and start your entrepreneurial journey with Durian Furniture!!
Good Luck!! Happy Franchising!!
How much does a Durian Furniture Franchise cost?
Ans: The initial investment in Durian may range from ₹1 Crore to ₹ 2 crores for a floor area of a minimum of 2000 sq feet, with most of the investment going into inventory or stocking.
What differentiate Durian with other franchise?
Ans: 5-Year Warranty: It helps the customers with the feeling of associating with a trusted brand.
WHITE GLOVE Delivery: Durian provides expert technicians to assemble furniture.
FREE Installation: Assembles your furniture free of cost.
EASY Pay: With Easy Payment Options like Cash on Delivery and EMI, shopping is more convenient.
How much does a Durian Franchise Owner make?
Ans: The profitability of Durian outlets may vary depending on the city, chosen location, and capability of the franchisees to control their expenses. Nevertheless, considering the high-value ticket business, premium product range, and over 70% of recurring customers, one may anticipate an earning of over 12-20% on its product range.