Should you Go for Bikanervala Franchise? Cost & Profit
Are you looking for an Indian snack and sweets chain? Are you looking to be a part of the Bikanervala franchise? Then, you have certainly reached the best article available on the Internet.
In this article, we’ll deep dive into the Bikanervala business along with its capital required, cost, and profit margin to start this franchise in your city – we’ll also discuss more on WHETHER THIS FRANCHISE IS FOR YOU or NOT.
So, stay till the end to get clear insight into the franchising for Bikanervala and bursting all myths around it.
- Brand Name: Bikanervala
- Founded: 1950
- HQ: Delhi, India
- Industry: Food, Primarily Snack & Sweets
- No. of outlets: 150+
- Presence: Worldwide
- Floor area: 2500 sq feet
- Royalty: Approx. 5%
- Profit margin: 10-15%
- Total Initial Investment: Rs. 80 lacs – Rs. 2 Cr
Table of Contents
Overview of Bikanervala Franchise
Founded way back in 1905 by Shri Lal Chand Agarwal and started as a small sweet shop named “Bikaner Namkeen Bhandar” in Bikaner’s old city area of Kote Gate, Bikanervala is one of India’s most popular and leading snack and sweets chain.
Later, after the partition in 1950, His two sons established a shop in Delhi, India to write an another chapter in this segment has created a revolution in the food and snacks industry.
Bikanervala is renowned for its Moong Dal Halwa, Bikaneri Bhujia, and Kaju Katli, and for serving authentic and traditional north Indian cuisine. It also offers a range of snacks, bhujias, samosas, sweets, namkeen, and much more. Actually, the list goes on like anything.
Additionally, their immense quality and lip smacking products range has allowed the chain to build a strong reputation and a large customers following in India. Most of their outlets are being operated under a franchise model that allows interested applicants across India and other part of the globe to get this franchise in their location.
Currently, The chain operates through a network of franchisees and partners with over 150 locations across India and Abroad. Moreover, According to the Financial Express report, Bikanervala is planning to add 10 more outlets in the Gurgaon region in 2023, and further expansion in their outlets in India & abroad will create ample opportunities for Interested applicants.
That being said, It doesn’t answer our question – Should you go for it as a franchisee? No, You need to read further.
Sounds Interesting, Right? Don’t miss out on the complete article.
You may also like:
How to Get KFC Franchise in India – Cost, Fee, & Profit – KFC India
Start a Burger King Franchise in India – Cost, Fee, & Profit – Burger King
Key Facts on Bikanervala
|1||Trade Name||Bikanervala Foods Private Limited|
|2||Industry||Snack & Sweets|
|4||Founders Or Parent Company||Shri Lal Chand Agarwal|
|5||Corporate Headquarters||New Delhi, India|
|6||Number of locations||Over 150 outlets|
|7||Area served||PAN India & abroad|
|9||Menu offering||Bhujias, samosas, sweets, namkeen|
|10||Revenue||Rs. 1300 Cr revenue|
Why choose a Bikanervala Franchise?
Before starting a franchise there could be several questions hitting your mind – Why should we go with Bikanervala? What would I gain with this franchise? No worries! we try to clear all your queries, which will help you to make an informed decision.
- Pioneer in Snack & Sweets Industry:
- Bikanervala has positioned itself as one of the pioneers in the QSR industry like the Haldirams and more.
- One can leverage brand recognition to quickly establish yourself in the market and attract customers.
- Trusted Brand:
- Bikanervala enjoys a great customer base, which can help new franchise owner leverage their established brand model
- Robust Franchise network & Growth Prospects:
- The franchise is extensively planning for its outlet growth across multiple cities in India and abroad.
- It will indeed help the interested applicants to grab a golden opportunity to join the leading snack and sweet chain.
- Varieties in menu offering:
- The franchise offers a ton of mouth-watering sweets, desserts, and a snack range that is popularly craved among its consumers.
- It has certainly helped the chain to gain new consumers and retain an old ones.
- Proven business model:
- One can leverage their proven business model and track record for successfully operating franchises.
- Unlike other bootstrap businesses, it will reduce the risk involved in setting up a new business.
- Access to quality products:
- A new franchisee owner will have access to Bikanervala’s wide range of high-quality sweets and snacks that are made using traditional recipes and authentic ingredients.
You may also like:
Start A Tim Hortons Franchise in India – Cost, Fee, & Profit – Tim Hortons
How to Start a BurgerMan Franchise – Cost, Fee, & Profit – BurgerMan
Start a Winni Franchise and Earn in lacs per month – Cost, Profit – Winni
How much does a Bikanervala Franchise Cost?
The franchise fee or Total Initial setup cost for Bikanervala will depend on the city, estimated customer footfall, and proposed model chosen.
Nonetheless, To become a Bikanervala franchise partner, one would at least require an initial investment of Rs. 80 lacs to Rs. 1.5 Cr with a floor area of min. 2500 sq. ft. This initial investment may vary between 1.5 Cr to 3 Cr.
FYI, the above-mentioned initial investment for Bikanervala business does cover the expenses or fees such as Brand deposit fees, Marketing Fees, Equipment, and other necessary expenses.
Additionally, unlike other franchise businesses, Bikanervala does charge a Royalty fee of approx. 5%(uncertain) from its franchise owners.
Is Bikanervala Franchise Profitable?
The profitability of the Bikanervala outlet may vary depending on several factors, such as the city, the outlet’s geographical locations, average customer footfall, and the capability of the franchise owner to handle its day-to-day operations and expenses.
Additionally, considering the Bikanervala chain’s presence for over 7 decade, huge customer base, authentic & traditional taste, growing outlet numbers, training & marketing support, global presence, and affordable & delicious menu range, one can undoubtedly earn a good profit margin with this franchise.
However, as per our estimate and understanding, the franchise owners may anticipate a profit margin of 10-15% or Min. Rs. 50,000 per month.
Hence, Bikanervala franchise profit margin would be approximately 10-15%.
How much Can I Make with Bikanervala Franchise?
To understand more about its profitability, we will elaborate it with an example;
Usually, Before giving out the franchise rights, Bikanerwala does perform certain enquiry and Q&A sessions with the franchisee prospects. They also help in finding and analyzing the perfect location for its outlet.
Let’s assume an outlet is generating an average revenue of 4 lacs per month( Which is quite easily achievable in food industry)
|Type of Expenses||Cost and other details|
|Average sales Revenue||Rs. 4 lacs per month|
|Raw material cost(Min. 50%)||(Rs. 2 lacs)|
|:Gross Profit||: Rs. 2,00,000 per month|
|Electricity and water expenses||Rs. 20,000|
|Staff Salary||Rs. 40,000(Min. 4)|
|Misc. expenses||Rs. 10,000|
|Net Profit||Rs. 50,000(12.5%)|
However, with more marketing and advertising support, one may expect to achieve more than 1 lacs per month. It would be further better if the entire outlet is primarily owned and not rented, which could significantly boost the profitability.
You may also like:
Is Five Star Chicken Franchise Profitable? – How to Start, Cost, Fee – 5 Star
Start A Skippi Ice Pops Franchise – Cost, Fee, & Profit – Skippi Ice Pops
Does Cocofit Franchise really Cost ₹11 lakhs? Steps, Cost, Profit – CocoFit
What are the requirements to Become a Bikanervala Business Partner?
Some of their major Bikanervala franchise requirements are listed below;
- First and most important – One should have the required funding to own an Bikanervala outlet, that is one should be ready to invest anywhere between Rs. 80 lacs to 1.5 Cr.
- Interested applicant should have passion to work in the Food industry – and should possess the necessary leadership and financial skills with a few years of experience in this industry.
- Applicants should be ready and committed to delivering a great experience to every customer as agreed by the Bikanervala team.
- Interested applicants are advised to dedicate themselves to the Bikanervala business and follow the company standards and maintain their legacy.
- Interested applicants must undergo and complete the necessary training program offered by the franchise.
- Prospects are advised to do the proper marketing and site research, which will help them to understand the market potential and would certainly boost your morale.
You may also like:
Start a Keventers Franchise – Cost, Fee, & Profit – Keventers
Start a Chhaswala Franchise – Cost, Fee, & Profit – Chhaswala
Looking to Start a Xero Degrees Franchise? – Cost, Fee, & Profit – Xero Degrees
Documents required to Start an Bikanervala Outlet
- Personal Documents – Aadhar and Pan Card
- Bank Passbook
- PD cheques – If necessary
- GST License and other necessary stuff
- Brand agreement
- Store agreement Paper
- Food and FSSAI Licence
- Local municipality authorization
Cons for Bikanervala Franchise
The following section will summarize all my thoughts and will undoubtedly help you decide if this franchise is really for you or should YOU choose it.
- Enormous Investment:
- There is no doubt that Bikanervala has positioned itself as a leader in the industry. However, its enormous investment cost has still left me amused.
- At Growing Stage:
- Having its vast experience and oldest player in the food industry could prove beneficial for its franchise owner. Yet, they have entered very late in the franchising setup.
- Concentrated market area:
- Major outlets of the franchise are located in certain parts of India, primarily in the north.
- Major revenue source:
- As per ICRA, the majority of revenue(80%) source of Bikanervala food comes from Packaged food and remaining 20% from restaurant business.
How to Get Bikanervala franchise?
Becoming an approved Bikanervala outlet owner requires a huge investment that offers an impressive gross profit margin. Nevertheless, the Bikanerwala chain may provide several benefits, and interested candidates can take up franchise outlets in their city through their expertise and endless support systems.
To become an approved Bikanervala partner, one can go ahead with the following steps;
- Visit their Contact Us page –
- Here, you would find contact details to get in touch with the franchise team, which will assist you further in the process.
A-28, Lawrence Road, Industrial Area, North West Delhi, New Delhi, Delhi, 110035
Bikanervala Franchise In USA
One can certainly take up this franchise to any part of the world and with company focusing more on Canada and USA will create tremendous opportunities for USA residents to start a Bikanervala outlet to their city.
However, the total initial investment to setup a Bikanervala franchise cost in USA will be approximately US$100,000 to US$300,000.
Reframed in 1950 from a local sweet shop to Outlet chain, Bikanervala is one of the pioneer, established, and rapidly growing food chains that offers a range of snacks, sweets, desserts, namkeen, bhujias, and much more.
However, considering the chain’s expertise of over 7 decades, affordable and delicious menu range, proven business model, growing franchisee network, worldwide presence, and loyal & huge customer base adds an extra advantage for the new franchisee unit holder.
With an Initial investment of Rs. 80 lacs – Rs. 1.5 Cr, Bikanervala chain may offer an outstanding profit margin to its stakeholders and one may anticipate a profit of 10-15% Or an earning of over Rs. 50,000 per month.
The Bottom line – In case you are interested in the Food industry and want to take advantage of the opportunity with moderate investment, then you can start a Bikanervala franchise in India. With its immense legacy, expertise, and robust supply chain, one may experience stable and steady growth in their entrepreneurial journey.
So, what are you waiting for? Go and start your entrepreneurial journey with Bikanervala!!
Good Luck!! Happy Franchising!!
You may also like:
Start a Burger Singh Franchise – Cost, Fee, & Profit – Burger Singh
Want to explore more? Then check out below franchising opportunities.
Tea & Café Franchise, Ice Cream Franchise, Food & Beverages, and Apparel Franchise
How much does it cost to franchise a Bikanervala outlet?
Ans: The total investment cost for Bikanervala may vary depending on the city, country, carpet area, and outlet’s geographical locations. Usually, the total investment for Bikanervala restaurant franchise cost may vary between Rs. 80 lacs to Rs. 3 Cr. with a minimum floor area of 2500 sq feet for restaurant.
How much does a Bikanervala franchise owner make?
Ans: The profitability of any outlet of Bikanervala will depend on several factors. However, considering the franchise demand, growth prospect, and immense franchise support, one may anticipate to make an earning of over Rs. 50k per month.